Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Can this guy really be "THE GUY" for the Aints


CarolinaLivin
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Has Darnold really been given a chance? Dude spent his time with one of the worst organizations in the League.


Interesting thing about that is when looking at his INTs, they seem to go down year after year.

15 in 2018

13 in 2019

11 in 2020 (the gong-show last season)

 

Also, he had TD totals of 17 in 2018 and 19 in 2019, followed by a DUD last season (only 9).

The difference?   Robbie was not on the Team in 2020. 

So despite everything, he was starting to get better (albeit slightly) but he was in such a crappy organization that wouldn't know its ass from its you-know-what that he needed far more development than what they were doing for him.

Here's hoping this situation is it.

 

 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:


Interesting thing about that is when looking at his INTs, they seem to go down year after year.

15 in 2018

13 in 2019

11 in 2020 (the gong-show last season)

 

Also, he had TD totals of 17 in 2018 and 19 in 2019, followed by a DUD last season (only 9).

The difference?   Robbie was not on the Team in 2020. 

So despite everything, he was starting to get better (albeit slightly) but he was in such a crappy organization that wouldn't know its ass from its you-know-what that he needed far more development than what they were doing for him.

Here's hoping this situation is it.

 

 

He played one less game last year then the previous years, also add the fact he had less pass attempts so less chances of throwing a pick...but all n all...he averages a INT a game...

And why don't you bring up the fact he's become more of a checkdown QB, his passing yards average is on a decline...he's worse than Teddy because Teddy knew he couldn't make the throw so didn't...Darnold will try...but we all know how that story goes...so...

No Turnovers all preseason for our QBs...how long will that last...??? 

Crazy to think his first pick might go to the Jets....wow

from our friends over at the Jets forum...

He was a turnover freak in HS. 

He was a turnover freak @ USC. 

He was a turnover freak as a Jet. 

And he'll be a turnover machine @ Carolina too

Google his Turnovers from HS to now...he's gotten worse, you clearly forgot the FUMBLES. Take away Darnold's name, look at it like PJ's name is there...now tell me are you still a believer....if so, if you like Darnold now you going LOVE PJ later....

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He played one less game last year then the previous years, also add the fact he had less pass attempts so less chances of throwing a pick...but all n all...he averages a INT a game...

And why don't you bring up the fact he's become more of a checkdown QB, his passing yards average is on a decline...he's worse than Teddy because Teddy knew he couldn't make the throw so didn't...Darnold will try...but we all know how that story goes...so...

No Turnovers all preseason for our QBs...how long will that last...??? 

Crazy to think his first pick might go to the Jets....wow

from our friends over at the Jets forum...

He was a turnover freak in HS. 

He was a turnover freak @ USC. 

He was a turnover freak as a Jet. 

And he'll be a turnover machine @ Carolina too

Google his Turnovers from HS to now...he's gotten worse, you clearly forgot the FUMBLES. Take away Darnold's name, look at it like PJ's name is there...now tell me are you still a believer....if so, if you like Darnold now you going LOVE PJ later....

Yeah because opposing team's fanbases are so unbiased. 🙄

Gtfo with that sh-t and go post over there or something.

At this point, I'm more a Carolina Panthers fan than you are.  

 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 8:50 AM, Ricky Spanish said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jameis_Winston#Sexual_assault_allegation

I would stop being a fan of this team if we ever signed him.

Honestly these are the pieces of poo the NFL has playing in the league. They’re all over the place. I’d recommend just watching it for the sport in the same sense you probably have enjoyed movies with actors in it that have done shitty things, same with music and products you buy and banks you bank with. It’s all a business just the same.

If this offends you, not watching the NFL altogether makes more sense than just not wanting a certain player coming to a team.

Edited by onmyown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We'll see how much of a miracle worker Payton is.  Brees sure did make him look like a genius, but he failed his true calling of turning Taysom Hill into an NFL QB.  Jameis will probably do better in the offense, because the TB offense is built around taking shots.  Saints will keep him dinking and dunking most of the time.


Pretty sure Payton has a winning record the last 2 seasons when Brees got hurt. The fact that the saints still had a top flight offense with a noodle arm just goes to show how great Payton is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

It comes down to whether or not he can cut down on the turnovers. The dude put up huge numbers in TB, it was just that the turnovers were part of the "huge numbers".

Seems similar to Silver Platter Sam in terms minimizing the bad...

...at least ol' Crab Legs has put up something to brag about on the good side of the ledger...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Seems similar to Silver Platter Sam in terms minimizing the bad...

...at least ol' Crab Legs has put up something to brag about on the good side of the ledger...

I wish some of y'all had the self awareness to just not comment when you didn't watch the game. You see three interceptions and think you can throw shade, but you didn't see a receiver catch a pass and let a DB take it from him or the tipped ball. No one blames those INTs in the QB unless they didn't watch and just want to troll.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish some of y'all had the self awareness to just not comment when you didn't watch the game. You see three interceptions and think you can throw shade, but you didn't see a receiver catch a pass and let a DB take it from him or the tipped ball. No one blames those INTs in the QB unless they didn't watch and just want to troll.

This isn't about a "game"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Panthers vs Saints won't be decided by the QBs. It's going to be their D-line vs our O-line and our D-line vs their O-line. Everything else is pretty much a wash.

Which side has the advantage? Not really sure at this point. Both o-lines have their difficulties and both teams have good defensive lines on paper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...