• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sign QB James Morgan, Release Rashaan Melvin from Practice Squad

Proudiddy

I think this guy will be protected.  He will be our #2 in due time.

My theory about Melvin:  Thomas Oliver III and Taylor looked good in camp.  Hartsfield locked down the nickel.  He was going to be cut in after 2 weeks anyway.

I think we have made some pretty strong additions in this dumpster dive:  Rolls Royce, Captain Morgan, and Michael Jordan.  All make us better

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think this guy will be protected.  He will be our #2 in due time.

My theory about Melvin:  Thomas Oliver III and Taylor looked good in camp.  Hartsfield locked down the nickel.  He was going to be cut in after 2 weeks anyway.

I think we have made some pretty strong additions in this dumpster dive:  Rolls Royce, Captain Morgan, and Michael Jordan.  All make us better

Further observation about Melvin: TBH, I don't think I've seen any of the guys who took last season off have fared very well so far across the league.  Unless they were an established core player before they sat out, it doesn't seem like they've had very good outcomes, at least of the ones that come to mind...  I know ours haven't.

And as has been said by myself and many, many other posters here, if you have fairly equal performance amongst a group of players at the same position, you should default to the younger guys.  Nothing I saw from Melvin indicated he was worth keeping around over a younger guy.

• Pie 1