• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College FB games?

4Corners

You Tar Heel guys just can’t help yourselves. Sam Darnold gets happy feet in a collapsing pocket in a preseason game and you excoriate him. Sam Howell gets hyped up as a heisman favorite and comes out and lays a turd in a real game with 3 interceptions. It’s everybody’s fault but his. He had a ton of high end talent around him the last few years to help him look better than he really is/was. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Panthera onca said:

You Tar Heel guys just can’t help yourselves. Sam Darnold gets happy feet in a collapsing pocket in a preseason game and you excoriate him. Sam Howell gets hyped up as a heisman favorite and comes out and lays a turd in a real game with 3 interceptions. It’s everybody’s fault but his. He had a ton of high end talent around him the last few years to help him look better than he really is/was. 

People who didn't watch the game can't help themselves from making comments that makes clear that they didn't watch the game.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People who didn't watch the game can't help themselves from making comments that makes clear that they didn't watch the game.

I watched every play and you and I have discussed this before.  I think he has a great deep ball but he has zero pocket awareness, locks on his wr way too much and gets the proverbial happy feet under duress.   I like his mobility and smooth throwing motion but he has a long way to go to becoming a top 5 pick.  Not saying some team will not draft him there but as of right now and after last nights game its obvious the dude is a massive work in progress.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I watched every play and you and I have discussed this before.  I think he has a great deep ball but he has zero pocket awareness, locks on his wr way too much and gets the proverbial happy feet under duress.   I like his mobility and smooth throwing motion but he has a long way to go to becoming a top 5 pick.  Not saying some team will not draft him there but as of right now and after last nights game its obvious the dude is a massive work in progress.

The only guy I've ever seen at the college level who I felt was truly ready to hit an NFL field and never miss a beat was Peyton Manning.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only guy I've ever seen at the college level who I felt was truly ready to hit an NFL field and never miss a beat was Peyton Manning.

yeah they are few and far between.  Manning, Luck, Trevor, Wilson, The Golden Calf of Bristol (i keed, i keed) probably forgetting a few but your point is taken. 

But again I am just not seeing this all world top 5 pick in howell.

Off subject, what in the holy hell happened to Mack in the off season.  Damn he looks pale and really unhealthy.  I dont follow UNC football all that much but is he sick or just getting old?  He looked a bit like roy did last season, like he wanted to be any other place than there.