• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

College FB games?

4Corners

40 minutes ago, Varking said:

Not sure how I feel about that. I want to go the route LSU is looking to pull and get a big name simply because I believe college football at the top isn't dominated by good coaches, its dominated by the best recruiters. The lesser conferences and teams for sure show where coaching makes the biggest difference and I am sure Napier is a solid coach. I don't know if he has the recruiting chops to get us back to where we want to be. Mullen surely did not. He was supposed to be a QB whisperer but he never worked his magic with a five star recruit. Emory Jones is the highest ranked QB he has recruited and that says something. 

Yep. It's not the Xs and the Os it's the Jimmys and the Joes. Don't get me wrong, you do need good coaching but it all starts on the recruiting trail. The elite programs are the NFL equivalent of having all 1st and 2nd round draft picks while everyone else has to make do with primarily mid to late rounders with the occasional blue chipper sprinkled in. Yeah, you're gonna be good.

9 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

One of my favorite college football weekends.  Fun Rivalries 

UNC    NCSU - Carolina sends state to Charlotte...in the bowl game only

ECU  Cinn - ECU plays them really tough though

Clem  SC - dabo not losing this one

Ala   Auburn - Bama big

Mich   Ohio St - Im calling the upset

OU    OSU - OU gonna get left out of CFP

Ga   Ga Tech - not close

Fla  Fla St - are they getting better?

UVa     Va Tech - UVA again

Are these under thrown deep balls the norm for Ridder? The announcers are drooling over themselves, but the first deep ball the TE had to slow up then make a Herculean effort to score the TD and that last deep ball the receiver was again wide open by a mile and had to nearly stop to wait for the ball allowing the DB to recover and make the tackle.

This is the first Cincy game I've seen and Ridder has the tools but his throws are going to have to get a lot more precise at the NFL level.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are these under thrown deep balls the norm for Ridder? The announcers are drooling over themselves, but the first deep ball the TE had to slow up then make a Herculean effort to score the TD and that last deep ball the receiver was again wide open by a mile and had to nearly stop to wait for the ball allowing the DB to recover and make the tackle.

This is the first Cincy game I've seen and Ridder has the tools but his throws are going to have to get a lot more precise at the NFL level.

Ive seen 2 games from him this season (not today) and think yeah he looks the part but my brain tells me its the scheme that is making him look good.  He aint very accurate making tough throws.  Again that is only after 2ish games of me watching