• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College FB games?

4Corners

12 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

So…rumors back home is that the Canes are looking at Oregons’ Cristobal as the next HC.  

The AD, Blake James, is tied to Manny Diaz - paid a $4m buyout of his contract a week after he had him in the building (Diaz was the DC, left to take the Temple HC job, then Richt retired. Less than 36 hours later Blake James had hired Diaz back). If Diaz is fired I'm 90% sure James will be fired too.

Same AD overlooked Cristobal and the rumour is Mario holds a grudge about it and wouldn't work with the guy.

So unless influential Board of Trustee members are reaching out to test the water with Cristobal (which could be happening as they'd be the ones footing his buyout) I don't know where that rumour has come from - 'cos there's no chance Blake James is. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The AD, Blake James, is tied to Manny Diaz - paid a $4m buyout of his contract a week after he had him in the building (Diaz was the DC, left to take the Temple HC job, then Richt retired. Less than 36 hours later Blake James had hired Diaz back). If Diaz is fired I'm 90% sure James will be fired too.

Same AD overlooked Cristobal and the rumour is Mario holds a grudge about it and wouldn't work with the guy.

So unless influential Board of Trustee members are reaching out to test the water with Cristobal (which could be happening as they'd be the ones footing his buyout) I don't know where that rumour has come from - 'cos there's no chance Blake James is. 

Likely coming from the same place that the outrageous rumors of USC looking at coaches  for the HC job that they would never in a million years look at, or the coaches that would absolutely hate SoCal/L.A. fishbowl.

17 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Thankfully we have our guy at QB so the Willis / Howell conversation is irrelevant to us. 

Half this forum thought the same about Teddy this time last year. Do far so good with Darnold but the sample size is still tiny... and memory spans very short evidently.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Half this forum thought the same about Teddy this time last year. Do far so good with Darnold but the sample size is still tiny... and memory spans very short evidently.

While I have been pleased with Darnold so far he isn't elite yet and if I don't have elite at the most important position in sports it means I am not done looking at upgrading if an option presents itself. 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You keep holding on to that pipe dream. 

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You keep holding on to that pipe dream. 

My pipe dream is Darnold proving to be elite. I'm not convinced of it yet. Even if he continues to play at this level he still needs to clean up the fumbles. He's on pace to put it on the ground about 23 times this season.

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Malik Willis fans might want to ignore the fact he's playing tonight. Yes 1-3 for 13 yards at halftime and yes, he's been playing the entire time.

Outside of trying to do too much on the final drive none of that first half was on him. When he’s given time in the pocket he has one of the best deep balls in the country along with Howell and Slovis.

Multiple things cost Liberty that game (their kicker, horrible coaching decisions, not being able to stop Sean Tucker, and horrible OL play), none of them were Malik Willis.

Unfortunately for Willis his best bet at proving his worth would have been to transfer out of Liberty. 

Unlike other solid smaller programs like BYU, Coastal, etc., Liberty is doing their best to schedule bigger schools. Hell, next year they play Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest (and BYU).

However, the difference between these bigger and smaller schools is mostly seen on the offensive and defensive line. The size and athleticism of players at bigger schools is just better at these positions.

For what he has (specifically at the OL position), Willis has been superb.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

While I have been pleased with Darnold so far he isn't elite yet and if I don't have elite at the most important position in sports it means I am not done looking at upgrading if an option presents itself. 

You don't own or run a team.