• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College FB games?

4Corners

On 9/19/2021 at 7:49 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not a huge Howell fan but his deep ball last night was on point and his pocket awareness is getting better.   

that said in some weird universe where we are in a position to draft him next year it would make me really uneasy about him being the future.   Something to me screams great college qb but not nfl material.  

I still stand by this.  He regressed a bit from last week, he is trying to do too much and makes mistakes and he has a nasty habit of locking onto his primary wr.

Again, not saying he sucks but I would be really uneasy if my team drafted him as the future of the franchise. 

I know he will not do it but he probably needs to come back next year for some seasoning

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If you’re a team that needs a QB you should start to be very concerned about what your seeing from this class.

The top guys like Howell and Rattler are struggling and it’s not clear how smaller school products like Willis and Strong will transfer to the NFL.

Matt Corral has a chance to cement himself as the top prospect at the position next week.

I’m fully out on this year’s QB class. One of them may turn out great but I would be scared as hell if I was a GM going into this draft needing a QB.

Rattler looks like the next Christian Hackenberg

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thank God for Darnold at this point

Well if we didn’t have Darnold I’m pretty sure we would have drafted Fields or Jones this year. Don’t think we were ever going to be in on this year’s class unless Darnold failed spectacularly

UNC needs to bench some OL. Straight up. 35 carries for 63 yards. 1.8ypc. 8 sacks allowed. 13 TFLs given up. GT was living in our backfield all night, just like VT.

I had hoped VT was an anomaly, but it wasn't. They were even worse last night than they were against VT. This veteran OL flat out isn't getting it done. We've faced two decent defenses this year and they both made our OL look like they flat out we're not D1 caliber. It's time for butts to hit the bench.

Longo has to stop Shula'ing. I get it, he wants to setup the deep ball. It's Howell's biggest strength and we have a lot of speed at WR. Unfortunately, Josh Downs is the only one of them that actually looks like a WR right now. The other guys look like track stars trying to learn how to play WR. The ball has to come out faster and that means checkdowns and intermediate routes. We dialed up way too many plays last night that lacked either. Everything was either a quick hitter behind the LOS or a setup deep shot. It's like he doesn't realize you can actually run routes in that intermediate 5-15 yard range, again kinda like Shula. He has to use quick hitting short to intermediate routes to back the D off because the OL can't pass protect and they can't run block. Gonna have to work backwards and use a quick passing game to setup the run game.

• Pie 1

The only way I can logically cope with UNC this season is to realize there is young talent waiting in the wings.  Pretty good recruiting going on and my hope is some these guys will be difference makers.  The bottom line right now is that Carolina just isn’t very good.

Outside of Howell every position is average to below average.  Like Downs but the guy is a soph.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

The only way I can logically cope with UNC this season is to realize there is young talent waiting in the wings.  Pretty good recruiting going on and my hope is some these guys will be difference makers.  The bottom line right now is that Carolina just isn’t very good.

Outside of Howell every position is average to below average.  Like Downs but the guy is a soph.

Downs is a stud. But we badly need at least one more WR to step up. Brown has been disappointing. He may be faster than his brother but he's nowhere near the WR he was as of right now.

We're just too easy to defend right now with no running game and only one legit receiver with a badly struggling OL. Double Downs and send the house. It's too easy.