• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets WR Jamison Crowder tests positive for COVID-19, status for opener against Panthers now up in the air

SgtJoo

28 minutes ago, Sione Fua said:

Now show his stats when being guarded by seatbelt.

PFF stats don’t show when he got beat by being overly aggressive and the QB couldn’t make the throw, bad zone coverage by the Gameocks he was part of, his plays that would be instant flags in the NFL, etc.   and he is overly reliant on play IMO that gives auto first downs in the NFL. 

He is the most talented DB we have ever drafted.  He should be great down the road for us.   But yeah, I don’t expect Revis to be on the field for us this year.   That’s not fair to Horn.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

33 minutes ago, Sione Fua said:

Not a very good comparison for either player tbh. 

Wasn't remotely comparing players. I'm comparing sub par veterans vs. high upside rookies. Good ones come in and play well right out of the gate these days. My only point really was Moore has much more of a chance to burn us then Crowder did.

• Poo 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

PFF stats don’t show when he got beat by being overly aggressive and the QB couldn’t make the throw, bad zone coverage by the Gameocks he was part of, his plays that would be instant flags in the NFL, etc.   and he is overly reliant on play IMO that gives auto first downs in the NFL. 

He is the most talented DB we have ever drafted.  He should be great down the road for us.   But yeah, I don’t expect Revis to be on the field for us this year.   That’s not fair to Horn.  

Agreed. The Jalen Ramsey's are the exception and not the rule. Is it possible he becomes a lock down corner in year one? Yes but it is unlikely.

My expectation is that by his third season he is a top 10 CB in the NFL(if not top 5). That is a very fair expectation, IMO.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's amazing how cocky some of our fan base is considering our overall losing record and three straight losing seasons.

I mean, I sure hope we're headed in the right direction but I'm sure not feeling cocky right now.

Oh geez, LG. Come down off your high horse. We're talking about one game against the Jets which happens to be our 'next' game. Fans get cocky before each game. Do I need to explain fandom to you?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Oh geez, LG. Come down off your high horse. We're talking about one game against the Jets which happens to be our 'next' game. Fans get cocky before each game. Do I need to explain fandom to you?

I'm a fan. I'm just not delusional. We were both terrible last year. Lots of Jets fans are probably holding out hope for this game simply because of who our QB is. They know our OL is weak and they know very well what a pressured Darnold looks like.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm a fan. I'm just not delusional. We were both terrible last year. Lots of Jets fans are probably holding out hope for this game simply because of who our QB is. They know our OL is weak and they know very well what a pressured Darnold looks like.

You don't need to agree with them ...............................................

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Im not delusional either and Im one of those who try to be a realist. I do see there a decent chance to go 8-0. Checkout the schedule, iants with their top 7 D, top 5 OL, top 4 RB, and ugh top 5 HC are the hardest match-up it feels like. Pats are week 9(they are not the old pats), then wash and the Cards....I mean with some luck and they are 10-1 or 9-2. The end is the big issue, but who knows how teams will play. I would not be surprised 10-1 or 2-9, think the good times end when end is near. 

https://www.panthers.com/schedule/

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Wasn't remotely comparing players. I'm comparing sub par veterans vs. high upside rookies. Good ones come in and play well right out of the gate these days. My only point really was Moore has much more of a chance to burn us then Crowder did.

Check out Crowder’s stats with bad QBs. Good, now check on David Moore’s stats with Russell Wilson.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Stats are stats, and Jaycee Horn outplayed Moore when they were matched up. He played in college half a year ago and has had NFL caliber coaching along with tons of reps against NFL veterans. Why do you think he can’t improve since his last college game?

Not sure where this “Horn is no Revis” rhetoric comes from, but that is not a very good comparison and Revis is far from the only good CB to play in the NFL.

Let Jaycee Horn play and hold him to pretty high expectations because he went number 8 overall. Just cause the mainstream media isn’t hot on him doesn’t mean he ain’t a dog. Let the kid play and stop trying to mention him like he should be a top 5 CB of all time from day one.

• Beer 3