• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan article about mismatches favoring the Jets

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

He also did the flip side for us 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/09/04/carolina-panthers-mismatches-ny-jets/

1. DJ/Robby vs Jets DBs

2. CMC vs Jets LBs

3. Moton in the run game

4.  Brown inside

5.  Burns off the edge 

but I would assume people would feel he is 100% right about all these though 

Honestly, he could have kept going. 

6. Jones Inside.. vs Van Roten

7. Reddick of the edge

8. Chinn at safety/everywhere on the field. 

9. Summerize Donte Jackson's second half of last season assuming he plays at that same level or even further develops...i.e as he did with Derrick Brown. 

10. Terrance Marshall - If two day 3 rookies end up being their #2... not only do you have to worry about Anderson but also Marshall. Specifically vertical and in the red zone game. 

I could continue ... a two TE set with Arnold and Tremble w/ McCaffrey on the field. Sam Darnold knowing most of their roster and tendencies... Shaq on the blitz. The intel we're probably getting from that Qb we signed. All of which will create mismatches. That's either common sense for us or homerism. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

1. DJ/Robby vs Jets DBs

2. CMC vs Jets LBs

3. Moton in the run game

4.  Brown inside

5.  Burns off the edge 

+

Glad you mentioned that.  He did a fine job of evening out the mismatches both teams might have, and backed his opinions up with metrics that show deep analysis on his part, not just the usual.  I enjoyed his takes.  Many here jumped to the early conclusion that he was just a Jets' homer, writing a puff piece.  Not so.

He wasn't predicting a winner; I am.  Big offensive performance for us, vs their overmatched corners and LBs -- Panthers 41, Jets 10.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

+

Glad you mentioned that.  He did a fine job of evening out the mismatches both teams might have, and backed his opinions up with metrics that show deep analysis on his part, not just the usual.  I enjoyed his takes.  Many here jumped to the early conclusion that he was just a Jets' homer, writing a puff piece.  Not so.

He wasn't predicting a winner; I am.  Big offensive performance for us, vs their overmatched corners and LBs -- Panthers 41, Jets 10.

If the Panther OL holds.  If it can’t….those sweet Panther matchups at WR begin not to matter as much.   

Not confident enough in the OL based off what we saw vs the Steelers to predict some beat down . Jets interior DL is much better than the Steelers JV squad 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

1. DJ/Robby vs Jets DBs

2. CMC vs Jets LBs

3. Moton in the run game

4.  Brown inside

5.  Burns off the edge 

Of Course Agree GIF by Paramount Network

And ...as a fan....I have no problem with this.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Honestly, he could have kept going. 

6. Jones Inside.. vs Van Roten

7. Reddick of the edge

8. Chinn at safety/everywhere on the field. 

9. Summerize Donte Jackson's second half of last season assuming he plays at that same level or even further develops...i.e as he did with Derrick Brown. 

10. Terrance Marshall - If two day 3 rookies end up being their #2... not only do you have to worry about Anderson but also Marshall. Specifically vertical and in the red zone game. 

I could continue ... a two TE set with Arnold and Tremble w/ McCaffrey on the field. Sam Darnold knowing most of their roster and tendencies... Shaq on the blitz. The intel we're probably getting from that Qb we signed. All of which will create mismatches. That's either common sense for us or homerism. 

Bingo. He was very much grasping at straws for anything....and it was pretty much all anecdotal reasons. The reasons why we should win this game are legit and many.... Which is why, if we lose, the meltdown that happens I will very much be a part of.

Not only is this a should win, it's a must win because if we don't them something is REALLY wrong here.

And I would also be banning all of the "I told you so" crowd, just out of spite and because I can.

-signed, the "you don't want me pissed off" mod who doesn't care what you think 😊

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

We clearly have the better team assuming Darnold is average. The Jets are down a starting LT, DE, and WR, not to mention more of their players may come down with COVID. They're also starting a rookie QB and that is almost always rough for any team. We're holding all the cards in this matchup. If we lose that means Darnold is a poop disaster and we're headed toward a horrific season. The Jets are the worst of the teams we'll play.