• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan article about mismatches favoring the Jets

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We clearly have the better team assuming Darnold is average. The Jets are down a starting LT, DE, and WR, not to mention more of their players may come down with COVID. They're also starting a rookie QB and that is almost always rough for any team. We're holding all the cards in this matchup. If we lose that means Darnold is a poop disaster and we're headed toward a horrific season. The Jets are the worst of the teams we'll play.

Barring any setbacks I think Becton should be cleared come game time.

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. It’s funny how “offended” people get, but I was thinking the same thing. The article was only about the Jets advantages, that’s it. Davis against Horn was the only one I paused at because I don’t think much of Davis. He’s not a legit #1.

I agree. Not sure how much of an "advantage" that particular matchup will be. It's mostly based off historical performance of rookie CBs vs anything Davis has really done. While the stats are informative, you know what they say about historical performance not being a good indicator of future results.

4 hours ago, NiceDreams said:

If you think about it, it make a lot of sense there is no mention of CMC in an article listing potential matchup advantages for the Jets. CMC is clearly a mismatch favoring you guys.

That's fair.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I think our OL is.....well...not great. It's full on worrisome.

That said, our OL > Jets OL.

Also...their DL vs our OL is a concern, but our DL vs their OL?

X Men Running GIF

They seem to think that Becton and that other guy they have will stop our DL or something.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

He also did the flip side for us 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/09/04/carolina-panthers-mismatches-ny-jets/

1. DJ/Robby vs Jets DBs

2. CMC vs Jets LBs

3. Moton in the run game

4.  Brown inside

5.  Burns off the edge 

but I would assume people would feel he is 100% right about all these though 

OH!   So he did do the flip side.    I was not aware of that as the only article put up was for one side.  *ahem* *ahem*  

3 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Honestly, he could have kept going. 

6. Jones Inside.. vs Van Roten

7. Reddick of the edge

8. Chinn at safety/everywhere on the field. 

9. Summerize Donte Jackson's second half of last season assuming he plays at that same level or even further develops...i.e as he did with Derrick Brown. 

10. Terrance Marshall - If two day 3 rookies end up being their #2... not only do you have to worry about Anderson but also Marshall. Specifically vertical and in the red zone game. 

I could continue ... a two TE set with Arnold and Tremble w/ McCaffrey on the field. Sam Darnold knowing most of their roster and tendencies... Shaq on the blitz. The intel we're probably getting from that Qb we signed. All of which will create mismatches. That's either common sense for us or homerism. 

Plenty of advantages on Carolina's end, for sure.

3 hours ago, bigdavis said:

+

Glad you mentioned that.  He did a fine job of evening out the mismatches both teams might have, and backed his opinions up with metrics that show deep analysis on his part, not just the usual.  I enjoyed his takes.  Many here jumped to the early conclusion that he was just a Jets' homer, writing a puff piece.  Not so.

He wasn't predicting a winner; I am.  Big offensive performance for us, vs their overmatched corners and LBs -- Panthers 41, Jets 10.

Yeah well it didn't help that when this thread was created, the only article linked was an article listing the advantages from ONLY the Jets perspective.    Don't blame us for reacting accordingly to that.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Bingo. He was very much grasping at straws for anything....and it was pretty much all anecdotal reasons. The reasons why we should win this game are legit and many.... Which is why, if we lose, the meltdown that happens I will very much be a part of.

Not only is this a should win, it's a must win because if we don't them something is REALLY wrong here.

And I would also be banning all of the "I told you so" crowd, just out of spite and because I can.

-signed, the "you don't want me pissed off" mod who doesn't care what you think 😊

I have doubts this will happen. 

39 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. It’s funny how “offended” people get, but I was thinking the same thing. The article was only about the Jets advantages, that’s it. Davis against Horn was the only one I paused at because I don’t think much of Davis. He’s not a legit #1.

But that's just it, though.

The thread-starter put that up and how the hell were we supposed to react to that other than think it was a one-sided thing? 🤨

After all, it came from a NY JETS fan website so pardon us for assuming it was just pure homerism on display.

Glad it's not and they had another article made but that's not what this thread was initially about.

Edited by glenwo2

We are high on Jaycee was there is an argument to be made he has never played a better receiver than he will this week. That will happen a few times this year but this is the first. Luke Keuchley had an up and down first few games as a Panthers so it's not hard to imagine Jaycee having the same.

Our run defense sucked last year. Shaq in an ok linebacker but he's never been close to what TD and Luke were so it's not the worst point to make.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yea I don’t really get the point of this thread- was expecting to read some standard Jets garbage, but all of his points were pretty well reasoned and backed up with stats. If anything it now has me thinking that our Oline may be worse than the jets last year, which would probably be the worst we’ve ever fielded. Thanks a lot OP