• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We really rolling with this offensive line?

Zod

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd reverse the question: Did we really believe a top O-Line was gonna be built in one offseason?

My read this offseason has been that they're signing stopgap vets (minus Moton, of course) while looking to build the line of the future primarily via the draft.

Will it work? Don't know, but I can respect the approach.

Going all in on a single season when you're realistically in a rebuilding stage would be classic Marty Hurney.

Yeah, I can get with that, but what is "going all-in"? I mean, I don't even feel we have the resources to go all-in. That being said, I think there is something to the notion of starting, or not starting as it were, Christensen and Brown...

3 hours ago, Zod said:

So, we really doing this? Starting the season with a huge Achilles heal? 

I thought for sure a trade for at least an average left guard was a certainty. Everyone and their mother knows Elfein is horrid.

Matt Rhule ‘trust the process’

hard to believe his limited time in the NFL was with the oline.  

oh well

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

As evident by what? 5 wins? Whitehead? TB?

All they’ve shown is they don’t do things like Hurney. That doesn’t mean anything.

I’d encourage people to wait and see to ease up on the knee jerk and fire everyone threads if they suck again. They haven’t earned any credit at all so far.

It’s painfully obvious the oline is going to be bad, again, it’s baffling how willing they are to just ignore it. 

They definitely ignored in Seattle and Wilson hasnt been happy in a long time. Aint that where Fitt came from?

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd reverse the question: Did we really believe a top O-Line was gonna be built in one offseason?

My read this offseason has been that they're signing stopgap vets (minus Moton, of course) while looking to build the line of the future primarily via the draft.

Will it work? Don't know, but I can respect the approach.

Going all in on a single season when you're realistically in a rebuilding stage would be classic Marty Hurney.

Actually classic Marty Hurney is thinking what you're doing is great and will pay off in spades while everyone else is looking at you perplexed. It's been ten years of this through two different GM's. We are hoping a similar approach will yield us different results in the short term. There is nothing unreasonable about that observation.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What Marty did on an annual basis.

Not really. What Marty did was throwing poo against the wall and seeing if it sticks. As a matter of fact, Panthers fans complained for many years that we weren't making any moves at all in free agency. Marty's issues were more on the business side--contract-value analysis, and balancing all the pieces. Plus, I dare say, that even after only two drafts, Rhule (or Rhule-Fit) is better at personnel evaluation.

• Pie 1