• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Jets. What do you know?

Zod

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

The Jets have trended down since ol’ butt fumble came crashing back to Earth.  They always seem to have a new GM/Coach/QB combo.  To think they are any different is to ignore all current data and go with your fee-fees.

The Panthers on the other hand are trending up.  Talented roster, young Coach, GM NOT named Hurney.  That’s progress folks.

The Jets stink, but we love to stink just like our opponents.  We love making Rookie and Back up QBs alike, look as if the name on their jersey was Montana.

Heres to not having a Got Damned Clue going into week 1!  It’s how we roll.

I really think the Jets have finally gotten it right, when it comes to the GM & HC. That being said, they’re one of the youngest teams in the NFL and there’s still a bunch of holes to fill but it feels like they can finally start heading in the right direction.

Either way, my wife are coming into town for Opening Day 🤘. This will be our second trip to Charlotte and we’re looking forward to it.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, Jetsknicks1 said:

I really think the Jets have finally gotten it right, when it comes to the GM & HC. That being said, they’re one of the youngest teams in the NFL and there’s still a bunch of holes to fill but it feels like they can finally start heading in the right direction.

Either way, my wife are coming into town for Opening Day 🤘. This will be our second trip to Charlotte and we’re looking forward to it.

Enjoy our city.  Hope you’ll enjoy the game a little less, but I don’t disagree with your assessment.  2 young teams looking at a fresh start.  I just hope it resembles football.  Both squads are guilty of forgetting what it looks like.

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Familiar indeed. We relied on Cam's "athleticism" too much as a reason to justify little to no O-line investment. Sam isnt half the athlete Cam was. 

Very true, but Sam did play linebacker before he was a QB.  There is video out there, in college and with theJets, where he has laid out a defender.  Being an athlete isn’t enough….knowing how to tackle could help.

• Beer 1

I know that dating all the way back to the Mark Sanchez days the Jets have sucked so hard that if I try to play as a player on the Jets I give up in frustration and trade myself.  Madden 22 is not different.  I got drafted by the Jets and the Panthers absolutely handed me my anal cavity on opening day.  That #8 guy had 2 picks and Chinn ended someone's season.

Many years ago I remember playing as Mark Sanchez and getting so frustrated I traded myself to the Cardinals.

Edited by Wes21
  • Pie 1

1.) I'm worried about the Jets getting pressure up the middle of the line on critical 3rd down passing plays.

2.) I'm worried we will fail to get short yardage on critical 3rd down run plays.

3.) I'm worried that our offense will stall in the red zone due to reasons 1 and 2 and due to timid play calling.

I'm not really worried about our defense going against a rookie QB playing his first regular season game. I anticipate a low scoring game that could come down to turnovers and field goal kicking.

• Beer 2