• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Analytics' simulation. You're not gonna like it...maybe

top dawg

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it went down like this then the Darnold experiment failed spectacularly. I could see us Howell'ing at #1 and howling at #33 as the Jets are on the clock with some tempting OL prospects still on the board.

After week 1, I don't know that the draft situation is settled. Howell and Rattler looked a little rough.

In the entire history of the NFL, has 5-11, ever earned a team the top pick or been the worst record in teh league? Even a tie for worst record in the league?

If, as I suspect, the answer is no, then ESPN feels confident in trotting out one projection of many simulations they run that results in a HIGHLY improbable five way tie for worst record, a result that has never come close to occuring?

Yeah, ESPN just click bating with this nonsense.

What a bunch of maroons.

• Pie 1

If this happens, it's time to move on from Rhule and stop looking at college coaches and analytics. Tepper will dig himself in a hole for the next twenty years signing this contracts and not amounting to poo. But, this won't happen. Even with PJ, we're capable of at least last year's record. Team this talented going 5-12 won't happen, unless CMC gets hurt. This tanking poo and being awful at tanking is annoying b/c tepper still wants to sell tickets.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

If this happens, it's time to move on from Rhule and stop looking at college coaches and analytics. Tepper will dig himself in a hole for the next twenty years signing this contracts and not amounting to poo. But, this won't happen. Even with PJ, we're capable of at least last year's record. Team this talented going 5-12 won't happen, unless CMC gets hurt. This tanking poo and being awful at tanking is annoying b/c tepper still wants to sell tickets.

The Rhule contract means nothing in relation to setting the team back. He can be axed today, the only repercussions being those regarding his personnel decisions.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Rhule contract means nothing in relation to setting the team back. He can be axed today, the only repercussions being those regarding his personnel decisions.

Rhule's contract isn't guaranteed?

I heard somewhere it was for, like, 7 years or something..

Edited by glenwo2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see Brees. I think the Baker Mayfield comparisons are pretty apt. I chuckle that some people consider that an insult.  I think Howell is more level headed though and throws a more accurate deep ball. Deep ball accuracy is Howell's #1 attribute.

You hate Darnold almost as much as you love Howell.

Rhule was signed for 6 or 7 years but obviously coach pay is not a salary cap issue so tepper could fire him anytime and would owe 40-50 million (aka the money in teppers couch cushions).

Having said that, I can't see that happening.  Tepper knew what kind of rebuild he was starting when he hired rhule.  I can't see him firing him after 2 seasons in really any scenario.  Changing coaches every couple years is probably gonna make things worse instead of better.

• Pie 2