• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Analytics' simulation. You're not gonna like it...maybe

top dawg

Man, I can't wait for the actual games to start....this is all getting too click-baity.

Projections are fun, but they aren't the actual games.  So take every single one with a giant grain of salt.

I can only hope that we're pushing for a playoff spot in December.  That's where I think we should be.   If not, then we should easily be able to see why we're not improving. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Typically, and this has been the case probably 8 of the last 10 seasons, whoever is predicted to finish with the worst record doesn't in fact do it. Other than the Browns a couple times, it's usually not the team everyone says will suck the most in August.

The reality is there is so much parity in the NFL, even bad teams can put together a win or two at unexpected times and so the team with the worst record may not even be the team with the overall worst roster etc...  But you can often guess what fourth of the league teams will end up in, although there are always exceptions.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

I'm curious.

What would, in your opinion, be what you consider "The Darnold Experiment working out"?

This wasn't asked of me, but:

1) Significant overall improvement in decision making and general play that results in a clearly upgraded QB position to at least the level of an above average starter across the season (I would say Teddy was pretty damn average, so I'd like to see Darnold slightly above that - I don't expect next year to resolve all questions of him on this board for sure), and

2) Glimpses into true high-level potential on occasion throughout the season that gives us hope that another year in our system could result in a real step forward and a real solution at the QB position for the long-term.  Ideally a player whose ceiling could be in the top 5ish.  Game winning drives, 4Q comebacks, etc.

• Pie 1

I don’t think simulations are advanced enough to predict an entire nfl season. I mean how can it predict injures? How can it predict player professions and players getting worse? Some players will be a completely different player in different systems. You can’t predict what a new coach is going to do. That said if we do get the #1 pick I honestly don’t think any of the Top QBs in this draft will be that great but maybe I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not shopping for a QB again next year. Him playing well enough to at least give us hope he can be the answer.

I honestly don't see it happening.

Fair point.

But of course, one person's criteria differs from another, especially Rhule and company.

For example, while you may say "You know what?  He's just not the guy", they could say "You know what?  He's shown enough to have a future here". 

We'll just have to see what transpires...and it begins next Sunday.