• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Analytics' simulation. You're not gonna like it...maybe

top dawg

31 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Fair point.

But of course, one person's criteria differs from another, especially Rhule and company.

For example, while you may say "You know what?  He's just not the guy", they could say "You know what?  He's shown enough to have a future here". 

We'll just have to see what transpires...and it begins next Sunday.

Moving on from Teddy after only one season with significant dead cap tied up in him gives me hope we won't drag our feet if Sam isn't the answer. The one big question I have is just how much of a role Teddy throwing the staff under the bus for his missing of a wide open DJ in the endzone played in that decision because it certainly seemed like there was a stark change in attitude from the franchise toward Teddy after that. Would Teddy have possibly gotten a second year without that gaffe? I honestly have no idea but I have an inkling that it would have at least been a topic of discussion rather than a done deal.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Moving on from Teddy after only one season with significant dead cap tied up in him gives me hope we won't drag our feet if Sam isn't the answer. The one big question I have is just how much of a role Teddy throwing the staff under the bus for his missing of a wide open DJ in the endzone played in that decision because it certainly seemed like there was a stark change in attitude from the franchise toward Teddy after that. Would Teddy have possibly gotten a second year without that gaffe? I honestly have no idea but I have an inkling that it would have at least been a topic of discussion rather than a done deal.

This is actually a good point. There was a noticeable tone change from Rhule after that happened. Does Sam get extra leeway if/when he underperforms?

I doubt he will be dumb enough to throw the staff under the bus like Teddy did.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is actually a good point. There was a noticeable tone change from Rhule after that happened. Does Sam get extra leeway if/when he underperforms?

I doubt he will be dumb enough to throw the staff under the bus like Teddy did.

I think Teddy was a bad fit in hindsight for a super green staff.  Especially one trying to figure it out in the shortened COVID lead up.  Sam could probably be slightly worse than Teddy and they stick with him.  Because Sam isn't going to always give the textbook response.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Teddy was willing to say that publicly, then I can only guess what he was saying to teammates.

I’m sure team unity was a big factor in that decision as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:18 PM, RumHam said:

If this happens, it's time to move on from Rhule and stop looking at college coaches and analytics. Tepper will dig himself in a hole for the next twenty years signing this contracts and not amounting to poo. But, this won't happen. Even with PJ, we're capable of at least last year's record. Team this talented going 5-12 won't happen, unless CMC gets hurt. This tanking poo and being awful at tanking is annoying b/c tepper still wants to sell tickets.

Rum is almost the Huddle swami at this point.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Remember this? It wasn't exactly right about us if course, but it was damned close. We didn't suck enough and the other bottom feeders weren't good enough to lan us the first pick.

Just about nailed us, but I guess we were fairly easy.  They were dramatically wrong regarding Jacksonville, as they didn't improve even a little.  

On 9/6/2021 at 9:55 AM, Snake said:

With our line its a roll of the dice. The starters are bad and the back ups worse. Darnald might not stay healthy and we might just get that #1.

Qb is least of the panthers problems. They need linemen and coaching. Just wait it out and get Young the following yr. If you build the line and Sam somehow plays better then it's not as bad.Before they do anything he needs to hire some good NFL caliber coaches. Don't  want to be the jags.

• Pie 1