• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders waive 2nd year LB, Sign KJ Wright

DJ feed me moore

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If a player on your roster is on the coof list, can you add/claim a playe(without dropping a different one)r ?? Anyone know that - @stbugs  @Toomers @Mr. Scot @LinvilleGorge  ???

If so....    image.jpeg.3daf5c36092121fa46f83d0ef502fa1a.jpeg

He had 6th rounder grade that got the infamous Raider reach, still want....

I'm not a Clemson fan but yeah, I'd still want.  The kid's athleticism is off the charts and remember he was a safety in college.  Even Thomas Davis had trouble adjusting to the change his rookie year and he was a first rounder.  You take the top-notch athlete and coach him up.  I mean we brought in Paddy Fisher and the guy is about as headsy of a LB as you can get, but is a marginal athlete.  He got cut despite a lack of depth; couldn't even make the practice squad.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm not a Clemson fan but yeah, I'd still want.  The kid's athleticism is off the charts and remember he was a safety in college.  Even Thomas Davis had trouble adjusting to the change his rookie year and he was a first rounder.  You take the top-notch athlete and coach him up.  I mean we brought in Paddy Fisher and the guy is about as headsy of a LB as you can get, but is a marginal athlete.  He got cut despite a lack of depth; couldn't even make the practice squad.

Im thinking the same thing, hes changing form safety to WLB/SLB/etc. Development type, young, hungry, be closer to home, cheap......toooo much not to ignore. Plus panthers have a HUGE need, come to butthead...

Rick James GIF 

• Pie 2

Aren't waiver claims done earlier this season than in the past?  When would we hear?

I really hope we get him and he fits the profile of a Fitterer (and maybe even Rhule) kind of player - super athletic, great size, and judging from college, an all-effort kind of guy.  We definitely could use LBs, and even if he's still more of a safety, we seem to do well playing hybrids like Chinn and Franklin.  Plus, he's local...  I see no reason we wouldn't bring him in other than possibly then not wanting to shake up the roster after the gameplan has already been put in place for week 1.  But, to me, that's irrelevant...  there's no way he's not better than someone like Sean Chandler.

In summary, go get him.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Aren't waiver claims done earlier this season than in the past?  When would we hear?

I really hope we get him and he fits the profile of a Fitterer (and maybe even Rhule) kind of player - super athletic, great size, and judging from college, an all-effort kind of guy.  We definitely could use LBs, and even if he's still more of a safety, we seem to do well playing hybrids like Chinn and Franklin.  Plus, he's local...  I see no reason we wouldn't bring him in other than possibly then not wanting to shake up the roster after the gameplan has already been put in place for week 1.  But, to me, that's irrelevant...  there's no way he's not better than someone like Sean Chandler.

In summary, go get him.

teams have until 4 pm to put in a claim, we should know where this guy is heading in a few hours.

No one claimed him.....a tad surprised. It maybe in part due to teams focused on week one games and there are waiting periods for all players new tp the roster. 

Is there a chance in hell that the panthers could wave one of their 18 PS WRs and place him there??

Edited by Basbear