• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Jets fans are saying

onmyown

I always liked these threads. Slight favorable consensus, close game but Panthers win. I can agree with. Not much analysis here since it’s game one (and it’s the Jets) but another take away is their fans seem very, very high on Wilson. Other than that they’re pretty realistic overall with expectations with very low expectations of Darnold - basically expect him to roll over with any pressure.

Talked a lot of smack about our oline…makes complete sense except thinking  Miller out meant good things though, if only they knew it means nothing.

This is an 8-win team and the Panthers are one of the games that’s winnable.  

If Douglas, Saleh, and Wilson truly are generational as we’ve been promised, it will show in Week 1.  

“Jets 13

Panthers 27

it’s going to be a long miserable season. I’m just hoping there’s no injuries and the rookies improve as well as coaching throughout the year so there is hope for the future. “

“This game 'should' be determined by the QBs and RBs.

Sam has an easier task ahead if him with our secondary.

Panthers also have CM.

Jets 28 : Panthers 17

I just think Wilson is much more talented.”

I expect Sam to be mostly checkdown Charlie to McCaffrey with a few deep shots to Robbie. We’ll see if our young LB’s & secondary can contain this. But agree it may be a high scoring game. 

“Pressure on Sam Darnold is the key to victory. We know he gets happy feet back there. If we don’t apply any pressure with our front 4, he’ll be able to sit back there and play well vs our young secondary. Panthers weakness on offense is probably the offensive line. They have playmakers all over the field. “

“Very winnable game.

Hopefully the interior can get some pressure on Sam as it would unsettle him with happy feet for the rest of the game.

I’d be shocked if Robby doesn’t beat us deep at least once. Rhule uses him in much more ways than the Jets did but with Echols/Dunn he should be able to isolate and smoke one of them.

I think Elijah Moore might go off. A lot of the focus on Davis after the preseason but we’ll be desperate to get Moore the ball and see what he can do. 

Need a lot of defensive players to over perform, especially the rookie LB’s, they looked awful against Philly.

I think it will be close. 27-24 either way. I’ll be pretty pissed if we’re just blown away. We need to start competing. “

“Our secondary is weak to say the least and while Sam may not be great, he will likely pick them apart. I am hopeful about our coaching staff, but there some 23 players on this team who have only been through one real off-season, 12 are rookies. I would expect we will not see quality play especially on defense until at least halfway through the season.

At least we should have some excitement out of our offense. Not a lot of wins, but hopefully more fun that last year - yes, I know a very low bar.”

“The Jets young D better have a good game or it'll get ugly early Sunday afternoon. Can they make Sam see ghosts?

Because if they don't and the Panthers OL is able to protect Darnold and give him time he'll eat up the Jets secondary throwing to a real WR1, WR2, TE.

If the Panthers OL is able to open a few holes for McCaffrey the Jets will have to play more guys in the box exposing the very young and experienced secondary.

I think the only way the Jets win this game is in a shoot out where Zach has a huge day.”

“Other than Morton at RT, the Carolina Oline is trash. If Jets can get a good pass rush, Mosley can contain CMC and Becton does well against Harris (Carolina’s stud edge pass rusher; Becton should destroy him in the run game), and Wilson doesn’t stink, the Jets can win this one.”

Looks likes Igo’s post has them triggered lol:

1 hour ago,  CpSinceDay1 said: 

As much as this hurts to say, unless PJ comes in at half...Jets probably get the win off a Darnold pick 6 but o well....

Fug them Jets. Fug em. - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

“thanks for the link. its links like that that make me want to see Sam crash and burn. 

we get no respect around the league. were a punchline to the fans. that is why anyone traded has to be bad. we cant be the " same old Jets" and trade away players who turn out to be good. 

every Jet fan who wants Sam to have a good season ( but not this week, they say ) should look at the jokes at our teams expense. 

i would post that in the Jets locker room if i could.”

“This is funny, but seriously though... who the **** are the Panthers?  

They're just as pathetic as us expect they haven't been around as long.  “

The Panthers are a pathetic franchise just like us.  They're just too delusional to realize the truth.”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

All that yapping about our offensive liabilities and how their questionable defense will perform.  They might want to get familiar with Brian Burns, Jeremy Chinn, Haason Reddick, Derrick Brown, and Jayce Horn real quick. 

At least they know our feared O-lineman Tyler Morton.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

@CPsinceDay1 is on my poo-list. I mean he was already there, but he's showing himself to be an even bigger turd. 

He will probably be banned, but I'll do it after the Jets game.

What I do to deserve a ban, I shared my opinion on a Panthers thread on another forum, and at the same time directed traffic to this board. 

Week 1, Revenge game for Darnold, 1st year vs 2nd coach,1st round Rookie QB, 1st Round CB, so many stories but it's the Jets vs Carolina, the nation don't care but between the two forums this Sunday is going to be epic...

Interesting note when Teddy played the Vikings....4,076 members was on....

michael-scott-wink.gif

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2