• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Jets fans are saying

onmyown

17 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

For the most part I would say our offense isnt built on taking that many down the field shots.  Its built on timing and getting the ball in the playmakers hands with some separation.  Its much more based on yac than deep balls.

well, last season we had a checkdown QB.   So that is what happened. 

Joe Brady's offensive pass scheme is built off Sean Payton.....so it isn't a checkdown offense.  Which is why it LSU had a historic offense.   The deep ball is an essential cog. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady's offensive pass scheme is built off Sean Payton.....so it isn't a checkdown offense.  Which is why it LSU had a historic offense.   The deep ball is an essential cog. 

I'm convinced most of this fanbase didn't watch Brady's offense at LSU as implemented by Joe Burrow and company. 

• Pie 1

Another gem from a Jets fan over there at JetNation ( CPsinceDay1's new home) :

We have to win this game for so many reasons.  It's kind of a revenge game for the Jets for having to put up with 3 wasted years of Darnold. 

THEM putting up with 3 wasted years?   How about wasted LIFE rooting for that franchise that can never get out of its own way?    

That is hilarious to read.   

Edited by glenwo2

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So you think PJ is the answer at QB.  This is a guy that couldn't make an NFL roster before now. IMO the only reason why he is still on the team is Rhule has familiarity with him from Temple. 

His ability to escape pressure is admirable but his accuracy is insanely terrible.  While he might win a game or two against a sub-par teams.  NO WAY IS HE THE ANSWER in the long run.

I'm in agreement with @rayzor not only because of your infatuation with PJ but you rarely comment positively on any topic and it appears you post just to annoy the true fans on this forum. 

I don't always agree with posts on this forum but I try to back it up with facts.  You mostly post on feeling and never provide reasonable data to back up your claims.

That's my opinion.  

Plus he actually created an account over there at Jetnation.   Think about it :  a Panthers fan (or someone who is suppose to be one) posting sh-t about our team and QB over at the opposing team's forum.

That alone, imo, is ban-worthy but it's just my opinion.    We'll see if rayzor follows through on what he stated. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Drew Brees racked up a lot of yards in his career within Sean Peyton's offense doing checkdowns and quick hits.  But he also (outside of last couple of years) knew when to go for the big play and keep the defense off balance. 

That's what I'm expecting from Brady and Darnold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Another gem from a Jets fan over there at JetNation ( CPsinceDay1's new home) :

THEM putting up with 3 wasted years?   How about wasted LIFE rooting for that franchise that can never get out of its own way?    

That is hilarious to read.   

typical new yorkers getting it all wrong

Sam had to put up with those hacks for three yrs that HE wasted

we are gonna crush the jets

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

The deep ball is definitely a cog.  It is very overrated by some people.  There are plenty of short and intermediate routes that definitely arent check downs.  I would say the saints offense thrives off of intermediate routes much more than any deep balls.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So you think PJ is the answer at QB.  This is a guy that couldn't make an NFL roster before now. IMO the only reason why he is still on the team is Rhule has familiarity with him from Temple. 

His ability to escape pressure is admirable but his accuracy is insanely terrible.  While he might win a game or two against a sub-par teams.  NO WAY IS HE THE ANSWER in the long run.

I'm in agreement with @rayzor not only because of your infatuation with PJ but you rarely comment positively on any topic and it appears you post just to annoy the true fans on this forum. 

I don't always agree with posts on this forum but I try to back it up with facts.  You mostly post on feeling and never provide reasonable data to back up your claims.

That's my opinion.  

I think PJ is a better option than Darnold at the present moment. Like others I wanted to draft a QB, Fields/Mac...anyone but Darnold.

PJ was getting dogged out by alot of posters, and I couldn't understand the love for Darnold over PJ, when in fact PJ has won us a game. So I decided to defend all negative post about PJ, and by using actual FACTS(articles, etc.) that showed PJ has just as much chance at succeeding than Darnold. 

And I do post positive comments, I and maybe two others on PJ, and only crack on Darnold if someone cracks on PJ. But I create other content, or debate on other topics but because QB is such important issue, it's highlighted more. 

Hell I help bring back the Huddle Fantasy League

And I visited the Jets forum, after another poster posted a link from their site. I was curious to know their thoughts on Darnold....and alot of good discussions were made. Alot of information, other than it was the Jets, Gase, etc...I found out Darnold was an ex LB turned QB, and every since HS, always had mental issues with the position even though he's truly smart at academics...So book smart.

In my Darnold vs the 1's thread, its all DATA to back up my claims on Darnold...

And I can tell no1 actually read the first article because it actually praises Darnold....

It was made for Darnold lovers...but alas people judge by the cover 

• Beer 1

^^^^

I was curious to know their thoughts on Darnold...

And then you went and created an account there.

You could've just easily lurked in order to "know their thoughts" but instead you joined and talked sh-t about our QB and agreed with whatever garbage they spewed about him.

It's pathetic.

• Flames 1