• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Matt Rhule's vision for the Panthers is on the next thing

So much has happened and changed, it is hard for me to believe this is only year 2.

I try to be as optimistic as possible each year with our team, so I have definitely been drinking the Rhule-aid.  I have an excitement for this team I have never had before.  I believe in this team and this staff.  Let's get out there and show what we can do!

Edited by BlazeCarolina
  • Pie 2

Overall, I think Rule has the communication skills and flexibility to lead football men. It's good to hear that he recognizes the difference between coaching college players and NFL players. I've read somewhere recently that Urban Meyer has rubbed some people wrong because he's been so successful as a college coach. Same with Nick Saban, flamed out in the NFL but one of the greatest college coaches? If anyone has played on a sports team in school, you know that not everyone is on the same page or even gets along. Time will tell but, "In Rhule We Trust." 

• Beer 1

The biggest issue for Rhule was establishing that he was a legitimate NFL coach and his process was the way to be a winner. The reason that Rhule has brought so many of his former players is so he had plenty of believers who would serve as leaders like Reddick. Shaq wasn't instantly sold and had to learn to trust that Rhule knew what he was doing.  After all he had minimal nfl experience and he took two small college bad teams and turned them around. What does that have to do with being an NFL head coach? 

If they start winning this year there will be buy in all around. If not it will make Rhule and his process less credible. There needs to be significant improvement this year.

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The biggest issue for Rhule was establishing that he was a legitimate NFL coach and his process was the way to be a winner. The reason that Rhule has brought so many of his former players is so he had plenty of believers who would serve as leaders like Reddick. Shaq wasn't instantly sold and had to learn to trust that Rhule knew what he was doing.  After all he had minimal nfl experience and he took two small college bad teams and turned them around. What does that have to do with being an NFL head coach? 

If they start winning this year there will be buy in all around. If not it will make Rhule and his process less credible. There needs to be significant improvement this year.

You can argue he already proved himself last year with many.  We were supposed to be in Treveor Lawrence sweepstakes and ended with the 8th pick in the draft.  

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, NAS said:

You can argue he already proved himself last year with many.  We were supposed to be in Treveor Lawrence sweepstakes and ended with the 8th pick in the draft.  

If we had struggled early and then performed much better as the season progressed you might be right. But when you go from 5-2 and drop your last 9 games it is hard to say your process is working if the goal is getting better every day. After a quick start and other teams getting film on us we struggled most of the rest of the year. I would think that many players would have been pretty skeptical going into the offseason.

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

If we had struggled early and then performed much better as the season progressed you might be right. But when you go from 5-2 and drop your last 9 games it is hard to say your process is working if the goal is getting better every day. After a quick start and other teams getting film on us we struggled most of the rest of the year. I would think that many players would have been pretty skeptical going into the offseason.

If the players were skeptical after last year, it certainly didn't show by almost everyone showing up for VOLUNTARY otas etc.  I don't thi k there are moral issues, which there would be if the players aren't sold on the coach.

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It would be hard for any coach to have predicted TB collapsing at every opportunity.  I know TB wasn't the going to be all pro, but I at least expected him to try to do more than protect his completion %. 

• Pie 1