• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Jets at Panthers predictions.

Zod

6 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Panthers: 31

Jets: 14

TDs for CMC, Hubbard, Anderson and Arnold 

Sacks for Burns(2), Brown, Reddick (2)

Unless we get to garbage time, I actually think Hubbard is going to temporarily move to being 3rd string RB. 

I think given our OL situation, Freeman is going to jump him early in the season largely for pass protection and tough yards. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Unless we get to garbage time, I actually think Hubbard is going to temporarily move to being 3rd string RB. 

I think given our OL situation, Freeman is going to jump him early in the season largely for pass protection and tough yards. 

Agree. That’s a garbage time TD. Their TD is too. Defense is going to surprise some people this year.

Alright, since everyone is predicting a win I'll go the other way and be Mr Negative Nancy. 

I think it will be a hard fought game.  Jets win 20-17 after both offenses struggle to do much.  We lose the turnover battle by 1.  Everyone panics that our season is over, and we use this game as a stepping stone to go on a winning streak.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Zack Martin said:

I think most people forget we have Jets trash at QB ... the Jets DL is likely going to wreck shop on our OL, our only hope is our DL wrecks their OL which is possible .. but we have Darnold, and Darnold is trash ..

Carolina 14

Jets 39

Double check your browser. This is a Panthers forum Jets fan. 

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:
  • Sloppy, fairly low scoring game.
  • The Panthers offense stalls several times due to the Oline.
  • Darnold throws a pick early causing most of the Huddle to meltdown. Four hamsters die from exhaustion and the server crashes. He throws a TD to Arnold just before the half.
  • The defense has a so-so game, but doesn't make Wilson look like an all pro like the Panthers have done several times in the past when facing QBs making their first NFL starts.
  • CMC has a good game.
  • Rhule sends out the kicker for a 60 yarder in the first half. It's a miss. The kicker makes 2 50+ yarders late in the game. Rhule is first in line for a mustache ride to celebrate.

Yeah....this is highly unlikely to happen but anything is possible, I suppose.

Hope it doesn't  happen.

18 minutes ago, Zack Martin said:

I think most people forget we have Jets trash at QB ... the Jets DL is likely going to wreck shop on our OL, our only hope is our DL wrecks their OL which is possible .. but we have Darnold, and Darnold is trash ..

Carolina 14

Jets 39

My god...this is horrible.

@CPsinceDay1, you really need to do a better job at disguising your Alt accounts, dude. 

Panthers win 23-7 or 23-10

It'll come down to if Brady can mitigate the interior OL pressure or not, but even if he only sort of does our offense should be fine.The main worry is definitely Quinnen Williams and the interior, I expect our staff will know this and double him accordingly.  They  released their starting nickel CB(who wasn't very good in his own right) and are relying on late round rookies to fill the spot; Terrace should eat. Jarrad Davis is out for 5 games and their linebackers are probably even worse than ours with the exception of CJ Mosley,who hasn't played football in 2 years. CMC will do his thing. I expect at least one LOL int from Sam since he nearly threw one against the Steelers' 2s, the Jets may get some of their points off it. Brady needs to exploit their weakness in the secondary and linebacking group by spreading them out with screens and plays that take advantage of our cores' RAC abilities, specifically DJ who should have himself a great game.

As for the defense, we should be able to get after Wilson in a similar vein to Herbert in his first start last season. Lots of pressure, might see some actual blitzes as well since we have corners who can play press. I think the Defense will win us this one, not worried about any matchups on this side of the ball. Even if the Jets get great interior pressure and it otherwise wrecks what should ideally be a good offensive day, our defense can keep us in it. I expect it to be a Welcome to the NFL kind of game for Wilson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, beo said:

Panthers win 23-7 or 23-10

It'll come down to if Brady can mitigate the interior OL pressure or not, but even if he only sort of does our offense should be fine.The main worry is definitely Quinnen Williams and the interior, I expect our staff will know this and double him accordingly.  They  released their starting nickel CB(who wasn't very good in his own right) and are relying on late round rookies to fill the spot; Terrace should eat. Jarrad Davis is out for 5 games and their linebackers are probably even worse than ours with the exception of CJ Mosley,who hasn't played football in 2 years. CMC will do his thing. I expect at least one LOL int from Sam since he nearly threw one against the Steelers' 2s, the Jets may get some of their points off it. Brady needs to exploit their weakness in the secondary and linebacking group by spreading them out with screens and plays that take advantage of our cores' RAC abilities, specifically DJ who should have himself a great game.

As for the defense, we should be able to get after Wilson in a similar vein to Herbert in his first start last season. Lots of pressure, might see some actual blitzes as well since we have corners who can play press. I think the Defense will win us this one, not worried about any matchups on this side of the ball. Even if the Jets get great interior pressure and it otherwise wrecks what should ideally be a good offensive day, our defense can keep us in it. I expect it to be a Welcome to the NFL kind of game for Wilson.

The turnovers were HUGE vs rookie Herbert.   He had 2 which became auto FGs.  6 points was the difference in the game.  

But outside of the turnovers, we did a poor job making a rookie look like a rookie.   He completed over 70% of his passes, 300+ yards, and got his team into the endzone more times than the Panthers.    

Let's hope the Panthers D can step that up a little this year vs a rookie. 

• Pie 3