• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Surprise on our depth chart

GRWatcher

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Observer is commenting on invalid depth chart.  There's nothing to say about Rhule here.

Look at the depth chart and compare it to what he's saying. It does not make any sense.

Last week he said either DJ or Zylstra.  I think CMC doesn't make sense.  

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-reveal-final-unofficial-depth-231718963.html

😬🤯 Do you think DJ is really going to return punts? 

I would say that isn't an actual depth chart.   And they simply put the only bodies who have returned a punt as the punt returners. 

but I have no problem with it.  You could just have them fair catch them all.   Actually fielding a punt and not muffing it is the concern by just putting a random guy back there. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

I'm ok with DJ or CMC if a game is on the line, but I thought we were going to give Christian a lesser load to keep him healthy.  We need Shi to get healthy fast.  Chuba seems like the obvious guy, but the fumble thing....

Shi and Chubba aren't punt returners though.  

PR is weird.  You either got it or you don't. 

Someone said it last week. Dazz Newsome is on the practice squad of the Chicago Bears. He was a sixth round pick and they hoped to stash him there after cutting him to make room for some other players. He was electric at times in college, and always dependable without muffs. Do some shuffling, it would be easy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Shi and Chubba aren't punt returners though.  

PR is weird.  You either got it or you don't. 

neither are DJ and Christian.

Shi's draft profile:

Analysis: Smith was a shining light in what was a dreary 2020 season for South Carolina. He’s a sure-handed receiver with outstanding quickness and toughness as well as a head for the game. Smith possesses the ability to line up as a third receiver who can be used in the slot, returning punts, or running reverses.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/shi-smith-nfl-draft-player-profile-south-carolina-wide-receiver/

I did finally find stats that show he never returned punts in Columbia, and you are right, KR and PR are two different things. 

I'd rather go get someone than have 5 TEs on the roster and our two best offensive weapons getting more wear and tear.