• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Max Kellerman "Claims" Zach Wilson will shine and Jets beat Panthers in Week 1 on Sunday

glenwo2

NFL talent evaluators aren't gonna love that game from Howell. Particularly that last pick. But they're going to see some special throws too. They're gonna see numerous dropped passes. They're going to see that only one WR could create separation and actually catch a ball. They're going to see that UNC might as well have been playing a 3rd OT rather than they're TE because he was utterly useless as a recoecer. They're gonna see the 1st INT that was a perfectly thrown ball caught by a receiver who let a DB simply take it from him. They're gonna see that the second INT was a tipped pass at the LOS. The stat sheet looks a lot worse than the actual performance did if you were just looking to evaluate the QB as a prospect.

That's what a lot of people got caught up in with Wilson's game vs. Coastal too. They were watching a football game instead of evaluating the prospect. You can't judge the prospect by the outcome of the play, just by what he did with the opportunity given on that play or the opportunity he outright created out of nothing.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

He needs to go back into boxing because he really doesn’t know anything about football that’s why Stephen A. Smith which I don’t care for either told espn to kick his ass off the show.

Is that really what happened? Screaming A. Smith had him booted? I don't like either one of them so I don't watch the show but I didn't know they changed it. 

I honestly had no idea that anyone still watched ESPN for anything other than live sports. 

Back in college, my television was always on in the background 90% of the time on ESPN. SportsCenter was life. A play making the top 10 was like winning an Emmy.  Does SC even exist anymore? YouTube and gifs basically just killed it for me.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly had no idea that anyone still watched ESPN for anything other than live sports. 

Back in college, my television was always on in the background 90% of the time on ESPN. SportsCenter was life. A play making the top 10 was like winning an Emmy.  Does SC even exist anymore? YouTube and gifs basically just killed it for me.

Same, it's only playing in sports bars now

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I watch podcasts on my phone that’s about it.