• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh, big suprise

cardiackat88.

That's unfortunate for sure.  He is a really good player, but WFT paid him starter money, which we couldn't match.  Sucks but that's the business of the NFL.

I hope he's able to get well soon.  I loved him as a Panther, and I wish him nothing but success (just not against us!).

In the 21st century, schadenfreude is everyone's favorite pass time.

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He missed one game over the past two seasons and four games over the past three. Not seeing this massive injury proneness.

Who said, I said anything about massive injury proneness.  Others did, I didn't.

I did say sad that WFT paid big bucks for sideline player, which is a true statement.  Or in the proper terminology used today.  Fact Check True. 

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Who said, I said anything about massive injury proneness.  Others did, I didn't.

I did say sad that WFT paid big bucks for sideline player, which is a true statement.  Or in the proper terminology used today.  Fact Check True. 

So why are you getting triggered? If the reply didn't apply to your post then it probably wasn't referencing your post.

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

15 minutes ago, d-dave said:

That's unfortunate for sure.  He is a really good player, but WFT paid him starter money, which we couldn't match.  Sucks but that's the business of the NFL.

I hope he's able to get well soon.  I loved him as a Panther, and I wish him nothing but success (just not against us!).

In the 21st century, schadenfreude is everyone's favorite pass time.

Nice word there…schadenfreude.  So true.  Hope Curtis is back out there soon

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He missed one game over the past two seasons and four games over the past three. Not seeing this massive injury proneness.

I may be wrong but he seemed to have several lingering small tissue injuries, especially earlier in his career. May not have missed a lot of games but he did seem limited/hampered by injuries to a degree higher than you'd like.

26 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Samuel peaked at the right time during a contract year. I bet he’s never as good as he was last year again 

He got very fortunate that CMC was injured. A lot of the screens/short passes that he was targeted on last year would have typically gone to CMC. He kind of subbed in for CMC's role in the passing game last season.

• Pie 1

I'm sure Samuel and his team of financial advisors all take heart that Panther fans everywhere have their knickers  bound up in a knot over his health concerns.

To me, Samuel is emblematic of the entire organization under the last regime; he was drafted too high for the wrong position and then not really put in a position to succeed until  a "contract year" where he either finally lived up to potential or over performed then bolted for an obscene contract.

The fact that our previous regime, who repeatedly saddled us with under performing, ill-drafted, out of position players who failed to live up to expectations and then bum rushed us with a dump truck full of money to take their sprained, bench-riding liability off our hands deserves a little got dam glee.

But hey, you Panther fans make sure to load up one one liners for the Panthers QB (he's a Ginger!) or more digs about the clueless head coach who's out of his depths in the big, bad NFL.

And make sure your Gang Green shirts are fresh and clean for Sunday now, ya hear?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the Huddle, it's what happens here, hyperbole, and exaggeration...

I wanted Curtis over Robbie due to the age gap between the two players, but I am also fine with how things played out, TMJ and Shi Smith look promising, along with Chuba. 

While I don't agree with passing on Fields, overall they did a nice job outfitting this offense with talent. Robby was a FA signing last year, and TMJ, Smith, and Chuba were added via the draft. 

Factor in Arnold, and Tremble as well, and we're in a situation much better and deep offensively than last year.