• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys at Bucs - NFL opener GameDay thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea shitty rules trying to favor false scores...the hollow inflation of scoring literally means nothing to me I mean  people don't tune in to see so many scores based on penalties.

The casual fan wants to see high flying high scoring football. They want to see Pac12 score in the NFL and those are the fans that ultimately drive viewership and revenue. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The casual fan wants to see high flying high scoring football. 

Do they though? If anything the NFL has a particularly higher level of non casual fans than a lot of other things not just sports either.

I mean the SEC is the most popular league in CFB by a longshot and people constantly poop on Pac12. What it seems to me is like a lot of other things about the NFL and that is they have no fugin clue.

Edited by Fox007

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Do they though? If anything the NFL has a particularly higher level of non casual fans than a lot of other things not just sports either.

I mean the SEC is the most popular league in CFB by a longshot and people constantly poop on Pac12. What it seems to me is like a lot of other things about the NFL and that is they have no fugin clue.

I mean hell, we've got people on here who care more about the game being entertaining than they do about winning.

I think it's pretty dumb myself, but that's just how some people think.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean hell, we've got people on here who care more about the game being entertaining than they do about winning.

I think it's pretty dumb myself, but that's just how some people think.

Entertaining and high scoring are two different things.  A tough hard fought low scoring game can be more entertaining than a 49-35 shootout.  

8 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

Then there shouldn't be any excuses for sam.

What does that have to do with Brady?  Brady is one of the best ever.   If that is our expectation for Sam D, then I think there is a good chance he will fail to meet our expectations.  

Brady is so good at getting the ball out fast and accurate, he makes offensive lines look better than they might otherwise look.  I ready that his average is 2.5 seconds. That is not to say he hasn't had good offensive lines, he has.  But I don't think they were quite as great as some make them out to be.  The reality is that a good qb makes a offensive line look better, and vice versa.   

• Pie 1