• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking back at the draft

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saying something that comes off dumb is probably the least of his worries.

In preseason, he was dropping everything in sight.

Yeah I don't blame any one for this article and/or tweet. He will learn to talk the media talk soon. But a click bait article because even more click baity when your on field play (dropping balls) kind of matches/relates to what the writer is implying. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saying something that comes off dumb is probably the least of his worries.

In preseason, he was dropping everything in sight.

What are you talking about, I posted to give the tweet context with the PLAYER'S ACTUAL commentary. 

Anyone that follows knows he had balls hit the dirt in pre-season. 

36 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I hate to be that guy, but I think this draft will be judged by passing on a certain QB.  Hate me if you want, but I truly believe that's how this draft will be judged.  

Don't get me wrong we had a hell of a draft....but there will be that elephant in the room if Darnold is what his numbers suggest, and he who shall not be named becomes a top 10 QB in Chicago. 

The Panthers won't be the only team that passed on you know who.  I think the Panthers will be fine.

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, NAS said:

Ultimately this draft will be judged on how well Darnold and Fields perform respectively for their teams.

Yep. If Darnold doesn't pan out and Fields does, we'll remember this draft for as long as it takes us to find the answer at QB. And all you have to do is look at the Bears to see that sometimes that takes literally decades.

• Pie 4

27 minutes ago, NAS said:

Ultimately this draft will be judged on how well Darnold and Fields perform respectively for their teams.

I disagree.

Well, I disagree in the sense that it shouldn't matter what Fields does in Chicago, but obviously this fan base won't let that go.

This Draft, like every Draft, will be judged on how well the 10 players we drafted play and develop.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

58 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I hate to be that guy, but I think this draft will be judged by passing on a certain QB.  Hate me if you want, but I truly believe that's how this draft will be judged.  

Don't get me wrong we had a hell of a draft....but there will be that elephant in the room if Darnold is what his numbers suggest, and he who shall not be named becomes a top 10 QB in Chicago. 

... cause you know we keep talking about how we passed on Tom Brady right?

fuging idiots in management!!! 

🙄

move on dude or get a job in the league

17 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

... cause you know we keep talking about how we passed on Tom Brady right?

fuging idiots in management!!! 

🙄

move on dude or get a job in the league

Calm your tits.

That's not what I'm suggesting...

It's called...wait for it....it's an abstract idea....an "opinion"... I know I know, they're technically not allowed here. But hey, why not?

It's my opinion on how I think this draft will ultimately be judged, and yes this is opinion is based on a worst-case scenario. 

I certainly did not mean to ruffle the sequins on your skirt.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I disagree.

Well, I disagree in the sense that it shouldn't matter what Fields does in Chicago, but obviously this fan base won't let that go.

This Draft, like every Draft, will be judged on how well the 10 players we drafted play and develop.

You're absolutely right it should not matter.

But, remember when Chicago passed on Mahomes to select Trubisky?

Not only will that fanbase never forgive that decision, but it set back Chicago immensely. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I agree and as it should. I can’t see anyone who is not a flaming homer and objective sees it any other way. Not just Fields but Jones as well. 

• Pie 1