• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold takes responsibility for sucking in NYC

top dawg

11 minutes ago, RJK said:

Any grown man with integrity knows you shoulder the blame when mistakes are made. Whether you’re responsible or not. It’s called character and we know Sam has it 

So, Sam is the opposite of Teddy Bridgewater! I like it!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also this from Jim Szoke...

It will be a little galling for Darnold when he walks out of the tunnel on Sunday, glances over at the Jets sideline and sees the following new editions for their Mormon Superstar:

• Morgan Moses - OT
  • Michael Carter - RB (2nd round pick)
  • Keenan Cole - WR
  • Corey Dais - WR
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker - OG (1st round pick)
  • Elijah Moore - WR (2nd round pick)

As I keep on saying, the Jets did Darnold dirty - his #1 WR is now their #3/4 WR. They literally couldn't win without him - 0-10 in games he didn't start I believe. 

I'm glad they traded Herndon away - he deserved better too. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It will be a little galling for Darnold when he walks out of the tunnel on Sunday, glances over at the Jets sideline and sees the following new editions for their Mormon Superstar:

• Morgan Moses - OT
  • Michael Carter - RB (2nd round pick)
  • Keenan Cole - WR
  • Corey Dais - WR
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker - OG (1st round pick)
  • Elijah Moore - WR (2nd round pick)

As I keep on saying, the Jets did Darnold dirty - his #1 WR is now their #3/4 WR. They literally couldn't win without him - 0-10 in games he didn't start I believe. 

I'm glad they traded Herndon away - he deserved better too. 

It irks me no end that those people drafted AVT, another good kid gone to the depths of hell.

• Pie 1

If Darnold can show improvement,is a BIG IF still in my book,and I still think the comments

“I feel like, for me, every opportunity I’ve found a way to kind of take advantage of,” Darnold said, via David Newton of ESPN. “The Jets was kind of the first time in my life that I got something — and that was taken away from me

Still think he's a spoiled brat who didn't earned his spot but Howell...hey autocorrect o well on this site 😂

8 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I don’t know how you can take that any other way than positive really. Being willing to own it shows that he isn’t putting blame on anyone else (when in all honesty there was plenty of blame to go around in NY for Darnolds poor play) and that he’s a leader. Players will follow someone who is willing to accept blame for the teams shortcomings.

It doesn’t mean that Darnold pans out, but it definitely means that he isn’t taking the easy way out for his failure. He’s not blaming coaches, players around him, play calling. He’s not making excuses for himself. And that is a great sign and causes a great ripple effect in the locker room.

Agree. Also not giving Jets any bulletin board material for game day.

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

T-minus 3 days until the Darnold honeymoon ends and the hand-wringing over letting Teddy Franchise slip away begins.

9 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

If Darnold can show improvement,is a BIG IF still in my book,and I still think the comments

“I feel like, for me, every opportunity I’ve found a way to kind of take advantage of,” Darnold said, via David Newton of ESPN. “The Jets was kind of the first time in my life that I got something — and that was taken away from me

Still think he's a spoiled brat who didn't earned his spot but Howell...hey autocorrect o well on this site 😂

Both these turds will be flushed Sunday evening. 

• Pie 2
  • The D 1