• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funky Friday with Cam

NAS

43 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Because the 8 people who still take turns on Cams lap need to get over it.

I guess I don't spend every waking moment on this board to the point where posts about one of our greatest players ever trigger some people.  

Bad look on your part and everyone else trying to hide the fact Cam is part of our history if not our future.

And being scared of reading takes on Cam on a Panther message board is damn pathetic.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the regular season. We've always shifted to keeping the Panthers forum Panthers only during the regular season after treating it as a football catch-all in the off-season.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Cam fan than me but this isn't a Panthers topic, hence why it's not in the Panthers sub-forum. I left a link so that people participating in the thread could find it and wouldn't think it got deleted.

I have a feeling that's a convenient excuse.  

• Beer 2

I don't really think this needed to be moved, but okay.

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

PJ and random PS guy when we are 4-0 with a hot start will get the phones going.  Whether a deal gets done is debatable but Cam will be relevant all season once a qb goes down.

Right now Cam is the best FA QB on the market and I have no idea why I am telling this to the Huddle Lounge.

Yeah... Pretty much every source agrees that's not happening.

The next time Newton is a Panther again will be when he retires.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the thing, it's his website.

Funny how y'all want this left in the main forum where you absolutely know it would soon turn into an utter poo show and flame war that would then have y'all begging for the mods to clean this place up. Moving it here actually gives it a chance to remain a productive conversation without the inevitable troll fest which was honestly my primary reason for moving it. But whiners gonna whine.

Poor moderators gonna moderate poorly.

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really think this needed to be moved, but okay.

Yeah... Pretty much every source agrees that's not happening.

The next time Newton is a Panther again will be when he retires.

well and good.  lots of stuff gets talked about in main forum where "every source agrees it's not happening".  But NAS post didn't even get moved for that take, just got moved because some people get triggered by the greatest franchise QB we have ever had.

I will continue to monitor the Lounge so I will get updated on Cam's retirement party.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, if you guys want it back over there I'll do it. But don't report any posts and don't complain when it inevitably turns turns into a poo show. Whatya say? Yay or nay?

Don't do it on my account.

But you should do it for consistency.  

You should know by now as a mod there are no guarantees about complaints.  This is why you guys are paid the big bucks.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, NAS said:

you’re having a crisis and need to figure out what you want to do with your life. It’s been a good run, you did some amazing things but it’s time to move on. 

I wouldn’t use the word “crisis” but you’re not far off.

The off field stuff started to become too much a few years back. 

I appreciate mods allowing this thread to be in the main forum.  Cam will always have a place in many of our hearts.  I get he attracts trolls, but that shouldn't be the reason to move a thread...

This video was interesting.  I'd love for Cam to find a place that he can thrive, even if it is as a backup.  I personally think Cam sounded much more reasonable than his father.  Interesting choice to have him there for the segment.

• Pie 2