• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funky Friday with Cam

NAS

54 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think they’re a small minority and should just be ignored. But Cam is not above criticism and shouldn’t just be praised either

I tried to move this thread to the lounge where it would be away from the prying eyes of the trolls and you complained about that. You don't want the trolls to be ignored. You want this poo show. Enjoy it. You asked for it.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

12 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Finally watched it. I don't get what the big deal is. If anything it was awesome seeing Cam's dad stick up for him and call out the racist generalizations against him.

I don’t get what it is either. Cecil spoke his mind. He spoke what a lot of people have been thinking. Sadly I think this will hurt him. I don’t know why but it will. Cam wants to control his own narrative instead of letting pundits put out all these false things about him ( I.e, Mac Jones taught him the playbook) and nothing is wrong with that. I’m rooting for the guy. Seems like a good dude all around 

14 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I don’t get what it is either.

There is no "big deal" or anything "to get" on why people have issues with the video. But when you produce a 45 min video about yourself, filmed on a football field with professional cameras and lighting, and then release it to the public ... which didn't need to be done because no one was even talking about you for longer than a minute ... then prepare to receive feedback. At least he didn't air it nationally like Lebron did, which by the way was panned by people everywhere. Cam could have done a well-written and thoughtful IG post, done a press release, done an article in a newspaper, etc. But he went the Hollywood route for whatever reason and the feedback is natural.

9 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Wow tell me you didn’t watch the video without telling me you didn’t watch the video. 

No you numbskull. That is not what I said and that’s not what I was referring to in his fathers comments. Maybe you should watch so you actually know what you’re talking about . 

Sadly, most of the comments in this thread are from idiotic trolls that didn't bother to watch the video.

They had no issue of the thread being posted here of Cam being cut by the Patriots though.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

summary for those that did not watch:

excuses, rumors, lies and racism surrounding cam that affected his play and career and it’s all bullshit = 44.37 minutes

this isn’t a video bitching complaining or making excuses because….it’s funky. don’t get it twisted = .23 seconds

oh and some black people don’t do right by other black people and all white people aren’t…the devil!

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

summary for those that did not watch:

excuses, rumors, lies and racism surrounding cam that affected his play and career and it’s all bullshit = 44.37 minutes

this isn’t a video bitching complaining or making excuses because….it’s funky. don’t get it twisted = .23 seconds

oh and some black people don’t do right by other black people and all white people aren’t…the devil!

Congrats @NAS and others. This is what you asked for.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

There is no "big deal" or anything "to get" on why people have issues with the video. But when you produce a 45 min video about yourself, filmed on a football field with professional cameras and lighting, and then release it to the public ... which didn't need to be done because no one was even talking about you for longer than a minute ... then prepare to receive feedback. At least he didn't air it nationally like Lebron did, which by the way was panned by people everywhere. Cam could have done a well-written and thoughtful IG post, done a press release, done an article in a newspaper, etc. But he went the Hollywood route for whatever reason and the feedback is natural.

I get it and don’t get it. Me personally , I would have waited until I was retired or something. Even if he is right, he is still looking for a job and this may deter teams. But I do like when athletes speak on things and draw attention to things they think are important. My other point is, what’s the difference with him being interviewed by espn or fox where they can edit and take things out of context. He makes a written post on IG and people speculate then. Throw things out of context. Damn if you do damn if you don’t 

• Pie 1

Cam's career hasn't gone like ANYBODY has expected it. 

I'm not here to argue the reasons for that, just making that statement. 

As of right now, there is not a place for him on any roster. His personality will never allow him to be a backup.  To much of a distraction for any team to want in their locker room. 

So until the perfect situation arises, he is done.  It's important to realize the perfect situation for Cam may never arise again in the NFL. 

He will never be taking meaningful snaps for the Panthers again. The ship has already sailed off the edge of the planet. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're just trolling and spewing hate. Just like I knew would happen because we've seen this play out hundreds of times. But for some reason some posters expected it to go differently this time.

spewing hate!!!

yea ok lol i see it’s that time of the month

that blood pressure isn’t good for you, might wanna loosen up 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're just trolling and spewing hate. Just like I knew would happen because we've seen this play out hundreds of times. But for some reason some posters expected it to go differently this time.

Let him talk. He's just self destructing and proving a point that has long been known about some folks going on ten years now.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1