• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the NFL

run-run-pass-punt

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does he scare them enough to spy him though? That's my threshold.

Let's say you've got a runningback who can pass (like Dave Meggett used to).  Do you have to commit people to stop that?

Murray had 800+ yards, 11 TDs, and picked up 52 1st downs with his legs last season.  I'd think you would be forced to spy him situationally given the damage he is doing on the ground. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

For a ridiculous question on your part. Comparing an every couple of year moment against the importance of accounting for QB mobility on every snap. 

Not surprised either that you have talked your way into a box you can’t logically get out of. Just throw up statements like these to take the attention away from the facts. 

Irony at it's finest 😄

But that's the thing dude. Any debate with you devolves because you always wind up saying really stupid things. That's why it's boring.

Mav is doing a much better job.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Irony at it's finest 😄

But that's the thing dude. Any debate with you devolves because you always wind up saying really stupid things. That's why it's boring.

Mav is doing a much better job.

I always forget you treat facts as stupid. But, I, and many others, showed you numerous times how there were many more than that. You asked. It got answered. And you stuck with “because I said so” no matter what. Comparing it to plays that rarely happen.  That was good times….

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I always forget you treat facts as stupid. But, I, and many others, showed you numerous times how there were many more than that. You asked. It got answered. And you stuck with “because I said so” no matter what. Comparing it to plays that rarely happen.  That was good times….

Treat facts as stupid? No.

Treat you as stupid? Well...

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Treat facts as stupid? No.

Treat you as stupid? Well...

Anyplace Anytime you want to test that knowledge and prove I’m stupid, let me know. Any football related topic. Or maybe we just look at all the Hurney threads where I was always right, according to you. Once I disagreed on something, I was a troll. Sort of how you tell people not to complain about the team, after you spent the last decade doing just that. 

I’ll put my record against you of any source, or reporter, or any kid in his moms basement that you would cite if it agrees with you. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Yep. Imagining results seems to work for you. But I know there is no way you would ever try to have a factual discussion. The uninformed never do. 

Riiiiight 😄

See, a big part of your MO is repeatedly talking about how smart you are.

The fact that you have to do that tells me that you're not.

And as usual when talking with you, it's off topic and I'm bored now, so... 

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Riiiiight 😄

See, a big part of your MO is repeatedly talking about how smart you are.

The fact that you have to do that tells me that you're not.

And as usual when talking with you, it's off topic and I'm bored now, so... 

One would think if I wasn’t being truthful, since it happens so often, someone would take me up on what lies right here on this site. Why was I smart when bashing Hurney that you agreed with? Plenty of those threads.  Why is it when I start a asking the questions of you, you go to default mode and do this. 

When people like you attack a posters “smarts”, I just point to the scoreboard as my resume. Once again, the Facts fail you. 

Just now, Toomers said:

One would think if I wasn’t being truthful, since it happens so often, someone would take me up on what lies right here on this site. Why was I smart when bashing Hurney that you agreed with? Plenty of those threads.  Why is it when I start a asking the questions of you, you go to default mode and do this. 

When people like you attack a posters “smarts”, I just point to the scoreboard as my resume. Once again, the Facts fail you. 

See, and here's a perfect illustration of why you fail.

It's inevitable in any discussion with you that you'll interject bragging about yourself, your supposed intelligence, your "record" (which doesn't exist anywhere except in your own head, by the way) and other such silliness.

Again... boring.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, and here's a perfect illustration of why you fail.

It's inevitable in any discussion with you that you'll interject bragging about yourself, your supposed intelligence, your "record" (which doesn't exist anywhere except in your own head, by the way) and other such silliness.

Again... boring.

Your the one who brought up a “stupid response” to a question you won’t even acknowledge you made. I’ll defend myself same as anyone would. Then added… “why am I not surprised”. Bringing the past into it. Your hypocritical self brought this stuff up. Was I supposed to just say “Ok, you’re right and we are all wrong?”

Pick a move, pick a trade, cap issue, any discussion on the teams future, from the last 5 years. Let’s go to the tape if I am imagining all this. CMC is my only miss. So less talking. Let’s get to this. If it’s imagined, this should go quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And you're the one who gave the stupid response because you didn't understand the question.

(hint: the Panthers had nothing to do with it) 😄

Neither did the Giants or Dave Megget from 30 years ago. I made my point that it’s a trick play(on any team)that in no way relates to a QBs mobility and effect on a DC game plan. I made my point several times. You, once again, have dodged why you made that statement beyond desperation. You started this. Not me. 

The casual fan who can’t tell you the difference between a safety and a wide receiver is in it strictly for the fantasy aspect and NFL brass knows it. They are targeting this group and trying to get their attention. 

Me personally, I love balance. I think in order to be successful over a long stretch of the season you have to be able to run when you need to and pass as well. 

• Beer 1