• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers lose to the Jets.....

hepcat

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

People will overreact like they always do. Come week 4 or 5 if we are still struggling then I'll be worried.

Just remember that the colts (who won the AFCS last year) lost to the jags week 1.

Apples and oranges. Road loss to a division opponent is not the same as this.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

If Sam didn't want to humiliate the Jets....why the fug would we want him as our QB? 

and yes, you also want your QB to lie and say PC things like he did in front of the microphone.  

Why would you want him to want to beat the Jets more than any other team if you're the HC?

Pretty useless motivator as you play them once a decade, no?

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why would you want him to want to beat the Jets more than any other team if you're the HC?

because then, it's just a job to Sam.   The pre-Cam mentality that Newton always spoke of when he first arrived.   And I don't want that at QB.  QB again, is THE most important piece of the puzzle. 

and it's not just a job for greats.  And in the NFL you need a great QB.  So again, why would we want Sam if the Jets game was just a game.   Would it be just a game for Jordan or Brady? Or 89 or Cam?  Heck, even the Delhomme tier of very good.  Or maybe you can name great players who don't really care about getting revenge on a team that just deemed them trash. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

because then, it's just a job to Sam.   The pre-Cam mentality that Newton always spoke of when he first arrived.   And I don't want that at QB.  QB again, is THE most important piece of the puzzle. 

and it's not just a job for greats.  And in the NFL you need a great QB.  So again, why would we want Sam if the Jets game was just a game.   Would it be just a game for Jordan or Brady? Or 89 or Cam?  Heck, even the Delhomme tier of very good.  Or maybe you can name great players who don't really care about getting revenge on a team that just deemed them trash. 

We’re going to learn a lot about Sam from the first game. The NFL has a cruel sense of humor putting this game Week 1. Just like then they made the Panthers go play the Broncos Week 1 in 2016 after the Super Bowl. 

I don’t care if Sam doesn’t publicly come out and say he’s extra motivated to win this game. But if he isn’t, and that shows on the field on Sunday, it was a massive mistake to trade for him.

Honestly I’m not sure if he is or not. He’s an even keeled guy on the surface and maybe it doesn’t mean anything to him. But I really, really hope it does for the sake of the team.

If we lose its a disaster. It is the easiest game on our schedule. Our Houston game is on the road and a Thursday night. This is a game, if we want to move in the right direction, you win and you look good wining. 

Its not a "learn from it game." If you go toe-to-toe with the Bucs then you learn from the mistakes. If you lose to the Jets you are fked. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

We’re going to learn a lot about Sam from the first game. The NFL has a cruel sense of humor putting this game Week 1. Just like then they made the Panthers go play the Broncos Week 1 in 2016 after the Super Bowl. 

I don’t care if Sam doesn’t publicly come out and say he’s extra motivated to win this game. But if he isn’t, and that shows on the field on Sunday, it was a massive mistake to trade for him.

Honestly I’m not sure if he is or not. He’s an even keeled guy on the surface and maybe it doesn’t mean anything to him. But I really, really hope it does for the sake of the team.

I got zero issues with him being even keeled and saying the right things. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Carolina first ever game was against the Jets....*we came in the league saying at least we better than the jets*

His former team...

A team that couldn't believe they got a 2nd rounder for a 1st round bust after three years in the league because an assistant was able to distract the head coach from acquiring a defensive player to thinking what if Darnold was a rookie, but he's not. Z.Wilson is...

Both franchises are young, this game is going to decide who's heading in the right direction. 

It's the Jets...

4-3 Panthers overall record

Edited by CPsinceDay1

45 minutes ago, hepcat said:

What should our reaction be?

By all accounts, the Panthers should come out and curb stomp the Jets. The Panthers roster is way ahead of the Jets, especially on defense. Almost every single pundit and their grandma is picking the Panthers to win this game. And as many long time Panthers fans know, when everyone is picking the Panthers, they always seem to lose in miserable fashion.

The Jets are likely to be one of the worst teams in the NFL again with a talent depleted roster. They have a 1st year head coach and rookie QB. Even though HC Robert Saleh seems legit from his time in San Fran and Wilson is obviously a talented young QB, they're both still inexperienced and this is the Jets we're talking about. The Jets one of if not THE worst franchises in the NFL over the last 50 years. They're a perpetual lesson in what NOT to do to have a winning football team.

So let's say the Panthers come out Week 1 and lose to the Jets. I don't really care how, because no matter what happened, a loss is a loss. How should we react?

fan GIF

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm going to ignore the Newton comments because we'll just end up disagreeing. 

I didn't say he didn't care. I said it's not his primary concern. He'll enjoy the win more than most, but he should have a burning desire to win every game, not just those against the Jets. 

• Pie 1