• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers lose to the Jets.....

hepcat

15 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

I don't think under any scenario (Barring 2-3 pick 6 or deep in our territory)should we lose this game. 

If we lose, Phil Snow needs to be fired... This Jets team is missing key offensive pieces, is starting a rookie QB against a brand new head coach... 

Phil Snow has been given a top 10 defensive roster, unless we lose like 12-7, this loss will be on the defense if we lose.

5mmnyc.jpg

20 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Rhule would be fired if we picked in the Top 5.

Rhule wont be fired after his second season.  I would pretty much bet on it.  He inherited the start of a rebuild.  Tepper seems impatient sometimes but he has mentioned the rebuild multiple times, the same as Rhule has.  While Tepper really doesn't worry about money much most likely he didnt give Rhule such a long contract planning on firing after his second season of a rebuild. 

If we lost, the whole Darnold revenge game / Jets ruining him thing would sting and would definitely call for some memes and other trash talk to deal with for the next week.

the worst part is that it would feel like we're still a team that people laugh at and aren't intimated by. I'm okay with losses, as long as they come with hard fought wins and toughness.

If a 1 on the Delhomme scale is the opening day loss to the Saints in 2005 and a 10 on the Delhomme scale is throwing 5 INTS and losing a fumble against the Cardinals in 2008, losing to the Jets on opening day would be a 5 or 6 imo.  Really throws a turd in the punch bowl and could lead to a domino effect that screws up the season like the Denver loss in 2016.

37 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Rhule wont be fired after his second season.  I would pretty much bet on it.  He inherited the start of a rebuild.  Tepper seems impatient sometimes but he has mentioned the rebuild multiple times, the same as Rhule has.  While Tepper really doesn't worry about money much most likely he didnt give Rhule such a long contract planning on firing after his second season of a rebuild. 

Contract length doesn’t matter if the team collapses then firing him may happen. This isn’t like letting a player go and it affecting out cap due to dead cap. 
Rhule having a long contract doesn’t mean he will be immune to being fired. 
Personally I think it will be after his 3rd season the firing talk will happen if we continue to suck. 
I am still hoping for the best. 

Season will not be over, but that would nearly kill most of my hope.

Again I want to win until playoffs are NOT possible, so fug off with the draft talk til then. 

I feel panthers need to come out the barn with wins, cause late season has far less win-a-able games. Panthers could be the start team to win their 9 games and lose the last 8.