• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An early look at 2022 QB class...

methodtoll

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Giants are sticking with Jones and Mills will be given another look next season since this class doesnt have a talented qb worthy of a top 5 pick.

Oh, I agree...I just don't want Rhule to scratch his QB itch.  I've already mentioned moving back to #9 if Ron is willing to deal, but only if none of the LTs haven't been taken yet by #6.

Edited by 45catfan

15 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Oh, I agree...I just don't want Rhule to scratch his QB itch.  I've already mentioned moving back to #9 if Ron is willing to deal, but only if none of the LTs haven't been taken yet by #6.

If they think BC can play LT--and there are no signs that is the case--they will go after guards in free agency.  If so, the Panthers-picking around #6, will have no choice but to take a QB. 

Personally, I would like to know what BC can do as a LG and then draft the LT--but there are no answers (right now) at QB.  Do the Panthers bring in another pricey free agent (Bridgewater, Darnold, Newton) who can't play or do they gamble on a rookie?  I think you build the line, but Darnold is done, Newton is probably gone, and we have nothing on the pine.

I am on board the trade back train, honestly. I think if we can gain back a 2nd or 3rd, I would be fine if we got a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round but I am really not in favor of selecting one in the first knowing damn well that we don't a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  With the recent injury to Corral, I think Carolina could possibly wait till then to pick him up or even Strong and solidify the offensive line with a guy like Cross in the 1st. 

40 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I am on board the trade back train, honestly. I think if we can gain back a 2nd or 3rd, I would be fine if we got a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round but I am really not in favor of selecting one in the first knowing damn well that we don't a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  With the recent injury to Corral, I think Carolina could possibly wait till then to pick him up or even Strong and solidify the offensive line with a guy like Cross in the 1st. 

::sigh:: we are not trading back out of the 6 spot just for a 2nd or 3rd.  Thats lunacy 

• Pie 1

• 4 weeks later...

2021: PHI traded its first- and fifth-round selections (6th and 156th overall) to MIA in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (12th and 123rd overall), and a 2022 first-round selection.

2018: TB traded first- and seventh-round selections (7th and 255th) to BUF in exchange for BUF's first-round selection (12th) and two second-round selections (53rd and 56th)

2016: CLE traded its first- and sixth-round selections (8th and 176th) to TEN in exchange for Tennessee's first- and third-round selections (15th and 76th) as well as its 2017 second-round selection

Using those trades as a framework, some potential trades...

• NYJ: First- and second-round selections (10th and 38th) for first- and sixth-round selections (6th and 181st).
  • WAS:  First-, second-, and 2023 fourth-round selections (11th, 42nd, 2023 4th) for first- and 2023 seventh-round selections (6th and 2023 7th)
  • DEN: First-, second-, and third-round selections (9th, 64th, and 75th) for first- and 2023 fifth-round selections (6th and 2023 5th).

Good chance at Cross or Linderbaum still being on the board at either of those selections in the 1st, and then the team can opt to chase or wait for a QB in the 2nd (Aqeel Glass pls kthx). The Jets trade would even allow the team an opportunity at trading back and picking up a 3rd or another 4th.

Crazy how much things can change in a year. Prior to the season a lot of people thought Howell and Rattler were a lock to go 1-2.

Now Rattler isn’t even entering the draft. Howell might not even go in the 1st round. This is why I’m not a big fan of the “wait till next year class because so and so” way of thinking.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Crazy how much things can change in a year. Prior to the season a lot of people thought Howell and Rattler were a lock to go 1-2.

Now Rattler isn’t even entering the draft. Howell might not even go in the 1st round. This is why I’m not a big fan of the “wait till next year class because so and so” way of thinking.

So who do you like at 6?

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah “banking” on finding your guy in next year’s class is also risky business. We don’t know where we will be picking and how the class will look after the season ends.
I think the theory is there might not be any decent options this year, so just take care of other needs with a more sure thing like LT. It’s not a terrible way of thinking, but I’m not sure Rhule lets his career ride on another year of Darnold…

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So who do you like at 6?

I believe they’ll address left tackle in free agency. I think this 6th overall pick will be used to either draft or a acquire a QB. Because like @ForJimmy said, there’s no way Rhule rests his final chance on Darnold shoulders, a lot would have to go wrong again for that to happen.

Ideally we trade back but I don’t envision a team wanting to trade up to our spot in this draft. I just don’t know who’d be worth trading up for if you’re another team.

So here we sit with pick number 6… we weren’t able to land a veteran QB (Minnesota hiring O’Connell makes me think they’ll keep Cousins now) so it’s either draft a QB or ride with Sam.

When Rhule talks about rookie QB’s he talks about QB’s being able to go through their progressions and processing ability (Sam can’t do this to save his life). Talks about guys who can also use their legs if need be. I really think Pickett fits what Rhule wants. When you watch him, he is constantly going through his progressions. He doesn’t seem to panic in the pocket. His arm strength is fine. It’s his Kyle Allen-like hands that worry me. He’s probably going to have a fumbling problem. 

Willis is a fun watch but is he able to process? A lot of one read and rip. He has all the tools (obviously) and makes a ton of ‘wow’ plays. He is raw though… does Rhule get a pass because he chose to wait for Willis and ride with Sam? I doubt it.

Howell I really can’t figure out. He’s a blend of both guys. QB1 for 2 years prior to this one. He intrigues me. 

But to answer your question… I really don’t know. I think I’m trying to brace myself for Pickett. How about you?

• Pie 1