• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An early look at 2022 QB class...

methodtoll

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If, we go qb in the first, which I pray we dont, but I think Willis would be far more entertaining as a player than Howell.  But this class looks really really bad as we sit here today 10/26.   Looks like a great line class however.  So we will probably draft that safety out of ND.

I just can't buy in to Willis.

Agreed. We will find some way to avoid drafting an offensive lineman.

3 hours ago, Martin said:

I’m not sure this class is as bad as people think. Outside of Trevor last year, you had a bunch of close to one year starters with a lot of arm strength (excluding Mac) but a lot of question marks. 

This year we have a lot of multi year experienced starters that by January people will start to give the proper attention. If Strong checks out injury wise I’d put him behind only Trevor in last years draft, you also got Howell, Corral etc.

I think you are reading this situation in the reverse. We will see, though.

I feel like this draft class has a lot of QBs that need time, but could be good. But as kungfoodude said, they'll get overvalued because "QB" and taken way higher than they belong. They'll then be saddled with expectations that don't fit their skill sets, and probably cast into the fire before they're ready.

Howell for instance, I see a lot of good in him, but he has some concerning flaws like holding onto the ball too long which just won't fly in the NFL.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

QB are always overvalued. It’s nothing special to this class. Wilson and Lance shouldn’t have been 2 and 3 and Mac shouldn’t have been a first rounder. It’s just that important of a position. A position which we don’t seem to value like other teams…

That's the thing. There are very few QBs who come into the league truly ready to play day one and even the ones who do need a decent situation to shine or else they struggle early on. The Cam situations where a guy walks into a poo show and Supermans his way into good play despite having some clear flaws as an NFL QB are super rare.

There will likely be a good QB or two come out of this class. Everyone is overlooking the reality that Howell is now behind a pitiful OL, with JAGs at RB, and only one competent WR and he's basically Supermanning his way into good play despite this. I really don't think most of these "analysts" actually watch the games.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the thing. There are very few QBs who come into the league truly ready to play day one and even the ones who do need a decent situation to shine or else they struggle early on. The Cam situations where a guy walks into a poo show and Supermans his way into good play despite having some clear flaws as an NFL QB are super rare.

There will likely be a good QB or two come out of this class. Everyone is overlooking the reality that Howell is now behind a pitiful OL, with JAGs at RB, and only one competent WR and he's basically Supermanning his way into good play despite this. I really don't think most of these "analysts" actually watch the games.

So he has a lot in common with our Sam, does he also have a questionable play caller?

He might fit in well around here if that is the case. 

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

So he has a lot in common with our Sam, does he also have a questionable play caller?

He might fit in well around here if that is the case. 

Except that he's still playing at a high level despite this. People are getting distracted right now because the Heels are a massive disappointment. They were a top 10 team that turned out to be very mediocre. But watch the player. The player is still elite. The team overall just wasn't what was expected.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Finally someone who sees why Howell isn't putting up as good number as last year. When you have 2 WRs drafted and 2 RBs drafted, and the players they brought in aren't as good (Downs may be something tho), your gonna struggle, escially if the O-line isn't up to par (that VT game was brutal). Despite this I've seen Sam single handley try to bring them back. He has a clutch gene, seen it since his freshman year (the game against Wake Forest, came up short but that was big time). I would like him here in Carolina once we fix the O-line and probably get Brady replaced. 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, kungfoodude said:

I just can't buy in to Willis.

Agreed. We will find some way to avoid drafting an offensive lineman.

Willis to me about as far out from being ready as Jordan Love is imo.  He has tools.  But is no where close from being ready.

if you watch his tape.  His big eye popping plays are the ones escaping eluding guys and throwing it.

thing is, 80%of those throws would be a int in the NFL.  People get so wrapped in him escaping the defender and completely ignores the whole play.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Willis to me about as far out from being ready as Jordan Love is imo.  He has tools.  But is no where close from being ready.

if you watch his tape.  His big eye popping plays are the ones escaping eluding guys and throwing it.

thing is, 80%of those throws would be a int in the NFL.  People get so wrapped in him escaping the defender and completely ignores the whole play.

100% agree. He has such an astronomical bust factor.