• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Zod

from my keys to the game earlier in this thread

Keep penalties down, especially on oLine  --we had 2 in first half, one was on OL.  Jets have zero sacks and 1 TFL.  The Jets are a good team to play first on the schedule, plus they are missing a lot of starters.

Horn will have trouble at some point--  or not

pass rush --  oh yeah baby, 3 sacks in FIRST HALF

CB depth missing cb  --  we've done pretty well

is Chinn close enough to the action -- he sure as hell was on that sack

wildcard: luvu  --haven't needed him.  Our LBs are playing great, especially Shaq 

Get Darnold settled, not spectacular...just get comfortable a base to build from  -- he was still jumpy in the 1st quarter, but by the end of the half he looked calm and poised.    It's a good place to build from.  Having CMC to check down to seems to helping his confidence.

We're pitching a shutout, and Darnold has thrown and run for a TD.

That's a good first half of the first game folks.

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• You can spin the Baker thing either way honestly.  He is definitely streaky, but his first year in Tampa DC had him playing at his peak.  He was on his 4th team in 2 years so let's no pretend like he was the guy and we were just that bad.  I mean he did have CMC and Moore with us and no doubt we were much worse than Tampa and Cleveland, but he was in a bit of a rut and struggling after that injury in Cleveland.  Sam Darnold outplayed him and took the job back from him on the same roster.  Canales helped him get his confidence back and play back to his top form again.  I believe he was up for comeback player of the year?  It wasn't as impressive as his work with Geno, but it was still something to be proud of IMO.  Bucs fans seemed pretty upset as a whole that we took him from them which sounds like a good thing.  
    • and that excitement came crashing down when we signed Teddy.
    • I guess I should have said better. I didn’t understand some of what was done last year from the year before, but I don’t see the OL as much of a question mark where last year it was.  And the staff knows for sure what they have to deal with at the QB position where it was a question for some last year.