• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Zod

Very weird game.  A couple of drops in the 3rd quarter, a Darnold miss or two, plus weird play calls, let that game get out of control.

A win is a win, Darnold has the arm, and did lead a drive that got us points at a critical juncture.  I'm happy with him overall, but I hope we see more development next game.

1 minute ago, jopie87 said:

Yeah that's bullshit. There are no metrics where Wilson was better.

Yards, Darnold

Completion Percentage, Darnold

Avg, Darnold

Rush Tds, Darnold

QB rating, Darnold

I guess if taking sacks is a QB Stat, Wilson had more of those.

"Eye Test" yeah, Wilson is going to be good. But, so is Sam.

• Pie 2

Wtf is up with all this sour ass talk? We won, we dominated on defense outside of two drives. Offense shows great potential with a little more live time together they’ll get in rhythm. Far from perfect, but it was the first game. CMC had almost 200 total yards, Darnold had almost 300 yards passing, no TOs and two scores. Jfc be happy. Coaching was fine, people whining about things that didn’t work out well doesn’t change the fact they were the right decision at the time. Nothing was perfect but a win is a win. 

• Pie 3

This is the NFL, not Clemson vs South Carolina State.  If you win by 1 or 40, it all counts the same in the standings.  We struggled but won for the early part of the 2015 season against some bad teams.  

That being said, they need to improve in some areas.  Red zone offense is still horrific.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 4

This felt like the Lions game from last season, except we didn't win by as much.  The Jets are an embarrassment of a team.  We should have blown them out.  That offense will only get us 3-5 wins.  Very questionable situational play calling, and I'm concerned that CMC will not last the whole season with that level of workload.  We drafted Chuba to ride the pine.

• Poo 2

It took Brady until the third series of the 2nd half to figure out their pressure was too much for down field shots.  I get you don't abandon the game plan after one bad series, but crap, the Jets pinning their ears back was fairly predictable after halftime.  This coming from a casual NFL fan, it's not like it was out of left field.

Edited by 45catfan

19 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Yeah that's bullshit. There are no metrics where Wilson was better.

Metrics dont tell the whole story, i clearly said considering all the FACTORS of the game. You switch qbs on the teams and we probably still win with wilson. Darnold just didn't separate himself that much today overall. Thats how i see it.

• Pie 1