• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Zod

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wtf is up with all this sour ass talk? We won, we dominated on defense outside of two drives. Offense shows great potential with a little more live time together they’ll get in rhythm. Far from perfect, but it was the first game. CMC had almost 200 total yards, Darnold had almost 300 yards passing, no TOs and two scores. Jfc be happy. Coaching was fine, people whining about things that didn’t work out well doesn’t change the fact they were the right decision at the time. Nothing was perfect but a win is a win. 

I agree that people should be happy with the win, but to be fair this was the "lowly" Jets and the Panthers struggled in the second half. It's fair to point out issues that people see.🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Metrics dont tell the whole story, i clearly said considering all the FACTORS of the game. You switch qbs on the teams and we probably still win with wilson. Darnold just didn't separate himself that much today overall. Thats how i see it.

All good. Respect your opinion and hope that Sam can clean up a few issues and ball out.

I really do believe Wilson’s day was just as impressive as Darnold’s, if not more. I understand Darnold did better in the stat sheet, but Wilson balled. We were in his face all day long. Great job for a rookie’s first game and down by 16. Gotta give the dude some probs, made some big throws like the one where he was standing in the end zone. I don’t think there problem was ever QB tho. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

I really do believe Wilson’s day was just as impressive as Darnold’s, if not more. I understand Darnold did better in the stat sheet, but Wilson balled. We were in his face all day long. Great job for a rookie’s first game and down by 16. Gotta give the dude some probs, made some big throws like the one where he was standing in the end zone. I don’t think there problem was ever QB tho. 

He won't last long in the NFL if he has many more games like that.

Six sacks, three of which were huge hits. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

All good. Respect your opinion and hope that Sam can clean up a few issues and ball out.

Keep this in mind, me saying Wilson outplayed him doesnt mean darnold was bad. He was good today, if it wasnt for the second half he would have been great. He missed some throws he should have made. If he cleans that up he will be fine. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I agree that people should be happy with the win, but to be fair this was the "lowly" Jets and the Panthers struggled in the second half. It's fair to point out issues that people see.🤷‍♂️

Sure, that’s fair. But most of what I’m seeing is people whining as if we’d gotten blown out, not simply “pointing out issues”. I pointed out issues. But a win is a win, and looking sloppy is common in the first game. Overall most performances today were quite good. 

• Pie 1