• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Zod

IMO It was an ok 1st Game. We won- so that's great....but there were some red flags. We definitely have some things to work on, but its only the first game of the season ..so..everybody else does too.

That said here's a breakdown of what I saw that I liked and what I saw that has me concerned:

Pro's

• CMAC was very good, and will be even better if he stays healthy
  • Darnold rarely looked too panicky- He hung in there and made some good throws
  • The defense can be very good this year (Brown, Gross Matos, Shaq and Hartsfield -when he was in- looked really good)

Cons

• Coaching and play calling (A few questionable decisions by Rhule, Snow and Brady). I hoping that as they get a better feel for their team they make better decisions
  • Kicking (I am wondering if we make a change--the missed extra point was concerning, but I was also worried about he 50 yarder we didn't try and punted instead. Is Ryan S. worth the conditional pick we will sent off if we keep him?)

Not Sure

• The OL was not as solid has the Team seemed to think, but probably not as bad has most of us huddlers thought they would be. Daley looked good at RG as far as I could tell (He got a great pancake). I am still worried though they won't be able to hold up against a better team.. 

15 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

A win’s a win. 
let’s improve this week and correct mistakes before we play next week. 

Correct me:  did we have a mass of those "stupid" mistakes that we've seen in seasons past?  Sure, that 12-man-on-field thing is one, but as far as "stupid" goes -- it felt.... better?

18 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Correct me:  did we have a mass of those "stupid" mistakes that we've seen in seasons past?  Sure, that 12-man-on-field thing is one, but as far as "stupid" goes -- it felt.... better?

For the record, you’re quoting the word STUPID, but I never said that. 
I just said we need correct some mistakes. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Sure, that’s fair. But most of what I’m seeing is people whining as if we’d gotten blown out, not simply “pointing out issues”. I pointed out issues. But a win is a win, and looking sloppy is common in the first game. Overall most performances today were quite good. 

Yeah, some of the folks here are way too quick to overreact to every single thing.

• Pie 1