• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady is a concern.

Snake

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

Without a great performance by Snow and the Defense we would have lost to the Jets today. Our 3rd down conversion and Redzone conversion is as horrible as last year.

I came here thinking I might be the only one thinking this …  

Two halves .  
Red Zone didn’t look good.  

The Jets aren’t good 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Well since we are going to freak out over one game....in one game he has gotten solid improvement from a QB with league worst numbers a season ago.

I disagree,, it’s not just one game. 
This goes back to last year,, and because Darnald is hopefully better than Teddy, we weren’t inept on offense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Snake said:

Without a great performance by Snow and the Defense we would have lost to the Jets today. Our 3rd down conversion and Redzone conversion is as horrible as last year.

I mean, the last two years we have been investing heavily in players for Phil Snow. 

the foundation of our O (OL and QB), potentially could be the weakest combo in the entire NFL.   That could have something to do with why we struggle in scenarios…..where football is the most difficult.  Think too much is falling on a 2nd year OC to simply scheme around such a weak foundation just because their is skill position talent. 

Brady had to understand that in the NFL, versus college, the team lining up on the other side of the ball is nearly your equal EVERY WEEK, so if your game plan suddenly hits a wall adjustments have to be made.  In college, especially against lesser teams, you can stubbornly stick to the game plan after some stalled drives and still end up being okay.  In the NFL, you have to make those decisions on the fly.  He FINALLY figured it out in the 4th quarter after it was almost too late. 

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Darnold threw for almost 300 yards and didn’t turn it over in the air. We didn’t hand it off to a fullback on 4th down. The ball was pushed downfield throughout the game. The TEs got some love today. CMac didn’t carry the team on his back like 2018. 

I guess some people are going to complain no matter what. 

I disagree. It’s not about whining for whining sake. We saw lots of improvements.  
But red zone still looked bad. Play call in the second half was bad. The Jets ARE NOT GOOD .  So yes, I didn’t see improvements from our offense corridnator .  Yes our players are better, but not his coaching.

Improvements are clock management. We didn’t have to call timeouts because we couldn’t get the play called.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He didn't call plays at LSU.  Let's get that cleared up right now.  He was just the passing game coordinator or some poo.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article239208318.html

"And remember, Brady didn’t even call most of LSU’s plays this year. He called a lot of the red-zone plays, and he called some from the “empty” backfield sets and “compact” (bunched) formations that LSU ran (which meant he called several of the TD plays Monday)."

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I thought the offense looked good in the first half, so maybe we can chalk it up to their halftime adjustments, particularly as their HC was an elite level DC for years.

Therein lies the problem.  If Brady had no clue that the Jets were going to dial up the pressure on Darnold being down several scores in the second half, then something is VERY wrong.  He should have anticipated it and has the foresight to adjust the game plan accordingly. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Varking said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article239208318.html

"And remember, Brady didn’t even call most of LSU’s plays this year. He called a lot of the red-zone plays, and he called some from the “empty” backfield sets and “compact” (bunched) formations that LSU ran (which meant he called several of the TD plays Monday)."

Ironically he sucks at that in the nfl.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, the last two years we have been investing heavily in players for Phil Snow. 

the foundation of our O (OL and QB), potentially could be the weakest combo in the entire NFL.   That could have something to do with why we struggle in scenarios…..where football is the most difficult.  Think too much is falling on a 2nd year OC to simply scheme around such a weak foundation just because their is skill position talent. 

We invested a good bit in offense. Teddy,Darnald ,Kept Moton, drafted Marshall Jr, Shi Smith,Tremble,Brown,Christensen. I mean its only been two years but outside of LT and LG we have a good unit on offense. Our Defense on the other hand lost a terrible amount of players and has been coached well and we have drafted well too.