• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold Thoughts After Game 1

mav1234

3 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Really wish there was an easier way to catch Panthers games out here on the West coast. From the highlights I saw, Sam looked good. As the season progresses and he gets more comfortable, I think we’ll see some great plays with our offense more in sync. We definitely need to do something with our O line. 

Use the Yahoo app on your phone, tablet or desktop. You can't cast it to the tv but you'll be able to watch the game.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Better than Jake. He made some really good decisions today. He sails balls a bit high randomly but other than that he has a accurate deep ball and good placement on the ball.

I would tend to agree.  It's still early, but Sam appears to have more raw arm talent than Jake had.  I loved Jake, but he was basically 100% mojo.  Sam sailed a few passes just enough to miss the guy.  But not bad enough to sail into the arms of the defender.  Hopefully he can improve his consistency as the season goes on.

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would tend to agree.  It's still early, but Sam appears to have more raw arm talent than Jake had.  I loved Jake, but he was basically 100% mojo.  Sam sailed a few passes just enough to miss the guy.  But not bad enough to sail into the arms of the defender.  Hopefully he can improve his consistency as the season goes on.

Well we have to understand too he's prob still learning the playbook too. I think most of his prob was the Jets and not his own. I mean Wilson is going to see ghosts by week 8 if they don't protect him better.

• Pie 2

Sorry but we need much better than Jake 2.0 or whatever. He chucked up so many prayer balls and he would have a hard time in today's NFL without a prime 89 to pluck those out of the air and save his bacon. Sam needs to be accurate and get into a rhythm and he will be fine. But we MUST spread the ball around and quit this 1980's one man show nonsense.

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

So he was 4/12 on passes 10 yards downfield or more?

Not sure I'm ready to give him $30m a year yet.

Your jaundiced opinions are wearing thin.  You try to sound like quite the authority on everything, but I doubt you could raise 30k, much less 30m.  Give it a rest.  Your opinions are tiresome.

(and just FYI, to save you looking it up in Mommy's dictionary, here's "jaundiced":

"a disturbed or mentally soured outlook, due to envy, jealousy, etc,"

24 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

The same as I felt about Teddy after week one last year if we're being completely honest. 

Personally, I think Teddy showed better overall command of the offense in week 1, but Darnold already has shown more arm talent.  But their first starts were not so terribly different heh

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Only conclusion I drew was that Jets didn't ruin Darnold. It looks like he could still be a competent QB. We'll know more next week because he's gonna have to do more next week against a good NO defense.

It helps that he's only 23 so he's still learning how to be an NFL QB. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He did good

Nice bomb to Robbie

Nice run for TD...

He beat the Jets

Prove me wrong for a week... let's hope it continues...

Funny I was sitting right next to a Jets fan, getting a little annoyed with that new jersey accent...but guess it was well deserved.

Good job this week Darnold

Yet you wrote this pathetic nonsense on the Jets board trying to suck up

image.thumb.png.1a14289f0ea39554acaf971ec7036cfc.png

I'm still viewing Darnold like a rookie in a lot of ways. He's still figuring it out and he looks sound. Just needs more time and more reps. I anticipate by season's end we'll see a more locked in version of him, which is good because he looked damn good at times yesterday. If he can settle down in the redzone a bit, we could have our QB for the foreseeable future. Exciting time for us.

• Pie 1