• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching made this game Closer then it should have been..

WOW!!

42 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's debatable IMO there was high pressure on Wilson for the entirety of both scoring drives he slipped a sack and made the secondary cover for 6+ seconds both times.

it was more about the offense not figuring out the jets blitzing more than the defense letting up. They stayed on that field chasing Wilson most of the game.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's debatable IMO there was high pressure on Wilson for the entirety of both scoring drives he slipped a sack and made the secondary cover for 6+ seconds both times.

While we kept pressure up front on it for sure looked like much softer zones on the back end. It immediately looked like our offense was in clock kill mode and our defense was trying to prevent the home run to protect a shutout instead of staying super aggressive and go for the kill. 

• Pie 1

I don't disagree with the punt.  I really believe the way our defense was dominating that the ball should have gotten inside the 10 or 5 yard line.  But it didn't and was fair caught at the 15.  They had a shot at Rhule right after and he looked disgusted.  

As far as the offense, we were playing the clock.  Our defense was playing lights out trying not to give them rests between series would be detrimental.  I understand it's not sexy to throw the ball 20 yards each time, but we were controlling the game.  They got lucky with the first TD pass on the scramble.  

Bottom line, we won.  A win is a win.  We won close and it's better than losing close like last year.

Let’s not also forget it’s the coaches fault Ricci is playing fullback so you could say they are in a sense responsible for the red zone fumble. I don’t understand why Tremble isn’t our fullback. He has experience at the position and is great at blocking. So why the hell does our coaching staff decide to convert a TE to FB and start him over Tremble?

Edited by rmoneyg35
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Rhule himself said in the postgame conference that they stopped blitzing after a while because they trusted the front 4 to get pressure. 

10 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Let’s not also forget it’s the coaches fault Ricci is playing fullback so you could say they are in a sense responsible for the red zone fumble. I don’t understand why Tremble isn’t our fullback. He has experience at the position and is great at blocking. So why the hell does our coaching staff decide to convert a TE to FB and start him over Tremble?

Yup, not his natural position and the play looked fubar from the jump, so it probably hasn't practiced much.

Lots of bad takes in this thread.

They didn’t take their foot off the gas. They came out and immediately took a 15 yard shot to Robby. Robby had what looked like an option route, him and Sam read the defense differently. 

And then it comes back to not having an offensive line. Too often we have to get cute to make up for a lack of not being able to run it right at a team. Tough to constantly move the ball without a good run blocking OL. I really hope Deonte is active this Sunday. 

Like I’ve said, we are 2-3 OL pieces away from being a damn good team. If Brady and Deonte can be those guys… look out

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

If this staff is conservative next week on offense we will get blown out.  I am waiting to see a game where it feels like we have a coaching edge on offense.  

Exactly right

next week,  we will have a much better barometer on Rhule and his staff 

Payton is the real deal in pro football ….hate the bastard though I do….

6 minutes ago, Darknight said:

He also said they done that because the Jets started to pick up on their blitzes the second half.

So the Jets made second half adjustments?  Wow, that's crazy.  That's odd because I thought you have a game plan and stick with it no matter what, even when it becomes ineffective.  I mean, that's the Panthers' way, right?

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So the Jets made second half adjustments?  Wow, that's crazy.  That's odd because I thought you have a game plan and stick with it no matter what, even when it becomes ineffective.  I mean, that's the Panthers' way, right?

I want to say that this is sarcasm but since this is the huddle you can never be too sure if this is the case or not.