• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Keep Pounding chant today

grateflday

There was no Keep Pounding chants at all today at the game.  None lead by the stadium board etc which is usually always been done to start the game and several times throughout.  

Anybody else find that peculiar?  and was that an intentional omission 🤔

Guess it might be up to the fans in the seats to keep that going ourselves.   I still find it strange that it was none existent today, that they didn’t even try once to get it going. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

The player intros were also a mess. The whole process seemed out of sync. Players were confused as well. Announcer was calling players names before they were even at the tunnel. And just kept reading through the list. It seemed very thrown together. It was always so organized and well done when I was in the purrcussion line that I was shocked at the lack of crowd pumping for a home opener. It just felt lazy today. 

lots of keep pounding going on in the walk out after the game though 

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, BAMFpanther said:

The player intros were also a mess. The whole process seemed out of sync. Players were confused as well. Announcer was calling players names before they were even at the tunnel. And just kept reading through the list. It seemed very thrown together. It was always so organized and well done when I was in the purrcussion line that I was shocked at the lack of crowd pumping for a home opener. It just felt lazy today. 

lots of keep pounding going on in the walk out after the game though 

This sums it up perfectly

I am really not a fan of all the changes they've made to BOA these past 2 years. They changed the field surface, got rid of the black paint in the end zone, and the player intros aren't as exciting anymore. They used to have the big tunnel and the fire and everything, now it's just a little bit of smoke, and it sounds like the announcer he has last energy. 

Edited by BlackPanther21_

11 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I am really not a fan of all the changes they've made to BOA these past 2 years. They changed the field surface, got rid of the black paint in the end zone, and the player intros aren't as exciting anymore. They used to have the big tunnel and the fire and everything, now it's just a little bit of smoke, and it sounds like the announcer he has last energy. 

NFL banned fire during intros. I can’t remember which team was involved but they started a pretty big fire during their pre-game. 

The vibe seemed off today.  The player intros were out of sync, the Topcats didn't look sharp, Sir Purr was hardly seen, no Black and Blue crew, no Keep Pounding, Purrcussion weren't mic'd up for the 2nd set, and the music cues after each play are grating. 

Though the augmented reality Panther running across the stadium was bad ass.

• Pie 2

Re: the player intros. One of the players was not at the head of the line in the tunnel when they called his name (I forget which one). The next player then just waited for him and the names got out of synch. True, they didn’t do the Keep Pounding chant, but that hasn’t been rev’ing up the crowds lately.  They did, however, broadcast a musical bit with a heavy and accelerating backbeat that was getting the crowd worked up.  You could feel it. This may have been a trial run for the routine.  If so, it will be used again.  

1 hour ago, BudFox said:

The vibe seemed off today.  The player intros were out of sync, the Topcats didn't look sharp, Sir Purr was hardly seen, no Black and Blue crew, no Keep Pounding, Purrcussion weren't mic'd up for the 2nd set, and the music cues after each play are grating. 

Though the augmented reality Panther running across the stadium was bad ass.

Dude, I just saw a video of that Augmented Reality thing. That was awesome. Definitely something more teams should look into. Tepper putting out that money for a nice addition on that one at least.

The virtual Panther jumping around the stadium was cool. It was almost scary how fast they were letting people through security. Don't get me wrong I have no problem not standing in line forever but it was odd. New company trying to prove they are better than ShowPros? Some of the food/beverage vendor stations were closed the entire game. The "brand new" TVs in the concourse aren't any bigger and they were having audio/video connection issues from what I saw. Upper level ran completely out of water and ice around half time. Staff had no idea what to do. Fans were wandering around trying to find any non-alcoholic cold beverage they could get their hands on or just leaving the game altogether in frustration. 

• Beer 1