• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn

NAS

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

If you look at 2021 average salaries (versus cap hits which can be small early and big later), 10M is 16-18 (I misread it before). Salaries will be going up but Donte has not earned average CB1 money. $10M is too much. Once you get past the big salaries, it drops quickly.

I think you are overestimating his worth and I’d be fine at 7M. I wouldn’t be happy with 10M. He gives up too many receptions like today. He’ll make a nice tackle and a nice PD here and there but he still gives up a lot of catches.

I also didn’t think Robbie would get that much per year, but he only got 2 year deal. Donte is going to want a longer deal. We’ll see how much we think of him but he gave up a decent amount today to a below average WR group and QB under a ton of pressure.

we arent going to agree here, but i respect your opinion.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Defense including secondary played well. Losing Myles Hartfield is more of a loss than the casual fan would think. He was playing really well in the nickel and Bouye will be out next week again against the Saints 

Will he? I thought he had had 2 games left on his suspension, today's and next week.

Hartfield was playing a good game.

Edited by shaqattaq

I was hoping someone would make a thread about Horn. I couldn't remember him conceding a catch other than the td so glad my eyes didn't deceive me. And he played that TD perfectly; seemed like he may have even gotten a couple fingertips on the ball. It was just a perfectly placed pass; nothing anyone could have done. Really impressed so far. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, NAS said:

Impressive Week 1 performance 

Rookie Jaycee Horn was targeted three times and only gave up one catch for 10 yards. Donte Jackson was the only player in the secondary to allow multiple catches, as he gave up four for 58 yards on six targets.

source: PFF

It was Horn that gave up the TD pass. But they both played very well, feeding of each other. 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The NY Jets are absolutely a poor opponent.

As an overall team, yes. But when judging individual matchups that isn't really relevant. The Detroit Lions were a poor opponent for a decade yet for every single corner back in the league, while Megatron was there he was the toughest matchup you could get.

Not comparing Corey Davis to Megatron obviously, but he's a legit #1 WR. Not an easy matchup to go up against him at all. But I'm not sure how much Horn was covering Davis vs. other receivers. The other receivers are trash so if he was matched up against them a lot too then your point stands.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

As an overall team, yes. But when judging individual matchups that isn't really relevant. The Detroit Lions were a poor opponent for a decade yet for every single corner back in the league, while Megatron was there he was the toughest matchup you could get.

Not comparing Corey Davis to Megatron obviously, but he's a legit #1 WR. Not an easy matchup to go up against him at all. But I'm not sure how much Horn was covering Davis vs. other receivers. The other receivers are trash so if he was matched up against them a lot too then your point stands.

This.  People are so quick to dismiss accomplishments due to opponents.  News flash:  this is the NFL, not college football.  It is almost impossible to shut down an opponent for the entire game. 

1.  He's a rookie

2. He shut down his one on one matchup for most of the game

3. If he wouldn't have performed this well, he'd be getting ripped for letting Jets receivers make catches on him.

• Pie 3

19 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

We need to let Jackson walk, he is not good.

If your worst DB only gives up four receptions for 58 yards and no TDs, well, man, your team is doing well.

And we actually saw Jackson in on making tackles. That's a huge improvement for him. 

Jackson is fine.

• Pie 2

I barely noticed him which is generally a good thing for CBs. They're kinda like OL, you don't really notice them unless they make a spectacular play, be it spectacularly great or spectacularly bad. CBs honestly even more so because they're generally not going to be in the camera frame unless they're targeted. If they're not getting targeted then they're probably doing a good job covering.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If your worst DB only gives up four receptions for 58 yards and no TDs, well, man, your team is doing well.

And we actually saw Jackson in on making tackles. That's a huge improvement for him. 

Jackson is fine.

Yep he's been inconsistent in the past but I thought he played well yesterday and agree that the improved physicality and tackling was a welcomed sight.

Overall, the D had a great day yesterday. Yeah, Wilson made some plays but that dude has some special talent. We made him earn every single one of them whole almost completely shutting down their running game.

• Pie 3