• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn

NAS

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I barely noticed him which is generally a good thing for CBs. They're kinda like OL, you don't really notice them unless they make a spectacular play, be it spectacularly great or spectacularly bad. CBs honestly even more so because they're generally not going to be in the camera frame unless they're targeted. If they're not getting targeted then they're probably doing a good job covering.

And that right there is why casual fans never understood the magnificent play of Chris Gamble. Quiet guy who just shut down half the field on every passing play. If Horn ends up almost as good as Gamble, then we're going to be doing great.

• Pie 7

Just now, CanadianCat said:

Horn is as advertised. I tried to cut the coverage he had on the TD play. He was all over him. You couldn't ask him to play it any differently. 

I’m re watching all the defensive snaps right now and just focusing on him. Elijah Moore is probably one happy dude that he doesn’t have to see Jaycee again anytime soon. 

Yeah Jaycee played the TD ball extremely well. The ball was just thrown low. Jaycee had his arm in Corey’s mid section. Zach puts that ball on Corey’s chest it’s an incomplete pass

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

A lot of people can’t read lol. “Horn gave up 1 catch” “durrrrr didnt he give up a td” yes that’s literally the one catch he allowed ffs

Like the old saying goes, there's no defense for a perfectly executed pass. Horn had great coverage on that play and Wilson threw a perfect pass. If it's slightly underthrown, Horn breaks it up or possibly picks it off. Slightly overthrown and it sails wide uncatchable. It had to be perfect and it was. That's just how it goes in the NFL sometimes.

• Pie 6

48 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And that right there is why casual fans never understood the magnificent play of Chris Gamble. Quiet guy who just shut down half the field on every passing play. If Horn ends up almost as good as Gamble, then we're going to be doing great.

Jaycee is a more physical version of Gamble. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like the old saying goes, there's no defense for a perfectly executed pass. Horn had great coverage on that play and Wilson threw a perfect pass. If it's slightly underthrown, Horn breaks it up or possibly picks it off. Slightly overthrown and it sails wide uncatchable. It had to be perfect and it was. That's just how it goes in the NFL sometimes.

I think Wilson's arm was on full display there.  The zip on that pass was next level

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I was hoping someone would make a thread about Horn. I couldn't remember him conceding a catch other than the td so glad my eyes didn't deceive me. And he played that TD perfectly; seemed like he may have even gotten a couple fingertips on the ball. It was just a perfectly placed pass; nothing anyone could have done. Really impressed so far. 

He actually did get a hand on it but it deflected right into Davis hands. It was just pure luck if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He was in perfect position--the pass was perfect, including the timing.  He gave up nothing.

The last two plays on that drive:

Pass over the middle to a crossing Davis, Horn take an awful angle and barely touches Davis on a tackle attempt. He starts the tackle like four yards early which is why it was so easy for him to get tapped to the ground. He basically missed him.

On the next play they go right at him for the score. I don't believe this was perfect positioning. If you look at the play in slow motion the only guy running routes that had any separation was the guy Horn was covering. Everything over the middle was completely covered. Our guys were within inches of their guys. Horn was a full yard+ as Davis breaks to the right. Screenshot attached. 

Then as far as a pass, that was also not perfect. A perfect pass would have continued to carry Davis towards the sideline where he wouldn't have been touched. He had to slow down and basically stop and turn his entire body back to the QB. If the WR comes back towards the ball then Horn has no play. If Wilson throws the ball closer to the sideline, where he still has a few yards full of open space before going out of bounds, Horn has no play. The only reason Horn had a play at all is because Wilson is a rookie and did not place the ball perfectly and his WR didn't come back to it. The one thing this play showed is that he can take advantage of his arm strength until teams get a better read on his velocity. Screenshot to show how much of the sideline was open and how the WR had to stop and turn back to the QB to catch the ball. 

People are hyped about the rookies. Thats the only reason this is called a "perfect pass" with "perfect placement" and claim Horn was in "perfect positioning". 

He gave up that touchdown. Its ok. Its game one and he was terrific outside of those last two plays. I will take that from any corner. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.03.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.06.32 PM.png

• Pie 1

PFF had Horn as our fifth worst defender yesterday:

5. CB Jaycee Horn (62.0)
4. S Juston Burris (61.5)
3. S Jeremy Chinn (55.5)
2. S Sean Chandler (55.4)
1. DT Bravvion Roy (49.0)

2021’s eighth overall pick didn’t do it for PFF in his debut. Horn allowed two grabs for 18 yards on four tries.

The safety trio didn’t either, with each failing to at least hit the coverage mark of 58.0 on Sunday. Chinn did, however, grade out at a 90.4 in pass rush and 81.3 in tackling.