• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chances of beating N.O next week..

Jmac

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He wasn't always like that wayyyy back in the day on the scout forums he was even keel.

That was a much smaller forum with a few dozen regular posters and not the constant stream of trolls and overreactionaries that a much higher traffic forum brings. A lot easier to be seen as even keel in the former environment because people aren't constantly overreacting to any and every post.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s a QB driven league and we had two high end prospects fall in our laps.   

you really got an issue with people thinking a team allegedly in rebuild mode should draft….a QB? 

Not at all - but doing so while being unfairly critical of our starting QB in the process before the guy even takes a snap is what I have an issue with.  Darnold played better than any rookie QB who took the field today, and deserves some credit.  As a fan of this team I hope he gets better with every game and outplays Wilson, Fields, Lance etc for a decade or more.  LG is the type of guy who hopes Darnold falls on his face while others shine just say he can say I told you so. 

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Not at all - but doing so while being unfairly critical of our starting QB in the process before the guy even takes a snap is what I have an issue with.  Darnold played better than any rookie QB who took the field today, and deserves some credit.  As a fan of this team I hope he gets better with every game and outplays Wilson, Fields, Lance etc for a decade or more.  LG is the type of guy who hopes Darnold falls on his face while others shine just say he can say I told you so. 

There are a lot of posters rooting for him to fail here just so they could say "I told you so"

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

I agree - it’s sad really.  If they’re in a Panthers uni, I’m pulling for them to succeed.  That’s what a fan does.

Bingo I was clearly on the tank-a-thon last season but once we signed TB I had wanted to win and him to succeed right up to being playoff eliminated and even then didn't throw a fit.

• Pie 1

I think a huge factor is going to be if the O-line gives Darnold any time and protection to make plays.  Saints defensive line isn't bad and will be gunning for Sam...

I have confidence in the defense unless we totally go zone and don't bring pressure.  We sat back a couple of times today and that's when the Jets were able to do something....bring the heat.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was a much smaller forum with a few dozen regular posters and not the constant stream of trolls and overreactionaries that a much higher traffic forum brings. A lot easier to be seen as even keel in the former environment because people aren't constantly overreacting to any and every post.

I know I posted there, a select few here did. JOAT, if I'm not mistaken even grumpy ickmule did.

We deal with it differently some got pessimistic others (myself) use the opportunity to poke the bear so to speak and poke holes in over emotional posts.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22