• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest glaring redzone weakness?

micnificent28

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agree. Heck, two good throws and no one is talking about Brady or RZ at all. The fumble doesn’t even happen.

I still agree with the others that the “biggest” issue is that we can’t run up the middle. It’s such a big part of GL offense, especially the play action fake. It also brings in the S/LBers tighter and makes those fades and other passes more likely to be 1 on 1s.

we defintely have a personel issue when it comes to that. Hopefiuly once the coaches make the change and bring in Brown/Christenson to play on the line, this is no longer an issue. But, that doesnt solve for MP

😞

55 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

IT'S definitely play calling they still try to get too cute.

I was told I was overreacting when I jumped on Rhule's comments not to worry about Red Zone Offense in preseason since it was only vanilla stuff, no trick plays, etc.   But I repeat, it's very VERY concerning if we can only win in the Red Zone with cute trick plays.  Love CMC to death, but running him up the middle near the goal line on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 is not often successful.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

I was told I was overreacting when I jumped on Rhule's comments not to worry about Red Zone Offense in preseason since it was only vanilla stuff, no trick plays, etc.   But I repeat, it's very VERY concerning if we can only win in the Red Zone with cute trick plays.  Love CMC to death, but running him up the middle near the goal line on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 is not often successful.

I agree completely, RedZone plays need to be about execution not finesse. 

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I have no idea what this coaching staff has against thumpers and or goalinebacks but, it has been clear to me over the years CMC is fantastic in space* he can make the wow plays the eye opening catches.. but 4th and you gotta have it and they know it's coming... just isn't the situation you want to put him in.

If you want to throw him a swing or something on 4th. I'm all for it.. but don't just hammer him in there like Tolbert or cam we haven't had a presence like that since those guys left or Stewart for that matter. I'm not sure how we sign guys like arnold as backup tightens and gio the new designated fullback and no rb on the roster pushes 220( Royse freeman is 238)*.  

I'm not saying that hammering it in on 4th and 1 is the only way to go but you damn well better have the threat that you can muscle up and punch it in if need be. This role needs to be addressed in tight ball games or those situations could result in losses down the road.

If the OL wouldn't get stalemated every time he'd score.

Emmitt Smith didn't have all those TDs because he was fast or powerful. 

He had holes.

48 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Huh? You need to be both and it’s OK to be good at both. We can’t really run the ball because the D is much tighter and closer to the LOS so our interior OL getting no push means we have to pass or run outside/trick play like QB draw.

We don't have the personnel to be both. That should have been clear.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

He isn't a bruiser by any means but today we kept running him up the middle like he was Stephen Davis. He's a threat in the open field use him as such but good grief we were predictable.

Cmac has busted plenty of 40 plus yard tds right between the tackles. 

The problem is blocking not the back.

• Pie 2