• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest glaring redzone weakness?

micnificent28

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Olsen might have had a shot but he was a GREAT player. Love Walls, but he wouldn't have reeled that one it. It would've taken a circus catch. He was wide open. The throw should've been a lot better. Don't make the easy plays hard.

I think you're forgetting. 

Too much hippie lettuce?

• Beer 3

31 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cmac has busted plenty of 40 plus yard tds right between the tackles. 

The problem is blocking not the back.

Sure but we don't have to have him lead the team in carries and receptions and still expect him to make something out of nothing with no holes to run through. It's a team game and the coaching staff has to spread the ball around. CMC is easily on pace to lead all backs in touches and that is not sustainable.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cmac has busted plenty of 40 plus yard tds right between the tackles. 

The problem is blocking not the back.

That is just the thing. 40 yard runs* plenty real estate the defense had to account for..go look up cmc 4th and 1 3rd and 1. Those the situations where these one score games can be won or lost.

Edited by micnificent28

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

That is just the thing. 40 yard runs* plenty real estate the defense had to account for..go look up cmc 4th and 1 3rd and 1. Those the situations where these one score games can be won or lost.

Yeah and we're still too predictable in those situations with Rhule like we were with Ron Rivera. Compare recent ineffectiveness in the red zone running the ball to the end of the week 2 loss against Tampa Bay in 2019 and tell me our redzone offense is much better. It really isn't and that's a problem. You can't blame it all on the line either.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I have no idea what this coaching staff has against thumpers and or goalinebacks but, it has been clear to me over the years CMC is fantastic in space* he can make the wow plays the eye opening catches.. but 4th and you gotta have it and they know it's coming... just isn't the situation you want to put him in.

If you want to throw him a swing or something on 4th. I'm all for it.. but don't just hammer him in there like Tolbert or cam we haven't had a presence like that since those guys left or Stewart for that matter. I'm not sure how we sign guys like arnold as backup tightens and gio the new designated fullback and no rb on the roster pushes 220( Royse freeman is 238)*.  

I'm not saying that hammering it in on 4th and 1 is the only way to go but you damn well better have the threat that you can muscle up and punch it in if need be. This role needs to be addressed in tight ball games or those situations could result in losses down the road.

I believe the biggest weakness is not being able to cross the goal line with the ball, as well as the turnovers and the occasional missed FG or extra point. 

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Block. 

If you Block well enough you can tell the defense the play.

There was a HS in NC in the 70 and 80s that won tons of championships and tons of playoff appearances and they only had 7 plays in their playback.

Execute and nothing else matters.

See Emmitt Smith 

2019 season. Game is on the line…

Against Tampa, down 6, 4&1 at TB 2, direct snap to CMC, no gain

Green Bay, down 8, 2nd at goal at the 2, CMC stuffed short of the goal as time expires. 

Washington, down 8, 1st and goal at the 1, CMC, loss of a yard. 2nd and goal, CMC, loss of a yard. 3rd down incomplete, 4th down Allen fumble.

CMC is the man, but short and goal is not for him. I think we miss a big target like Olsen. 

• Pie 3

59 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

2019 season. Game is on the line…

Against Tampa, down 6, 4&1 at TB 2, direct snap to CMC, no gain

Green Bay, down 8, 2nd at goal at the 2, CMC stuffed short of the goal as time expires. 

Washington, down 8, 1st and goal at the 1, CMC, loss of a yard. 2nd and goal, CMC, loss of a yard. 3rd down incomplete, 4th down Allen fumble.

CMC is the man, but short and goal is not for him. I think we miss a big target like Olsen. 

No sure why no one else can see this.. yes blocking is trash but having a brusier in that situation can sometimes overcome busted plays with second chance efforts and drive.. how many times do you think Henry is stopped 4th and 1 or behind the line of scrimmage without atleast falling forward for a yard? And yes it depends on who makes the play but the average linebacker isn't gonna stuff him for negative gains.