• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Morning After - Jets at Panthers

Zod

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Apparently we didn't score more than 19 on the worst team in the league bc we didn't want to show too much on game film this early. Now that's funny right there 🤣

I saw a fumble on what would've likely been a walk in TD and two misfires to open receivers in the end zone. We left 3 TDs on the field. No one would be complaining about scoring 40 and that's what we should've done.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

36 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think it was more of "lets not put anything more than we need to on film"   The game was pretty much in hand or at least it felt like it was.  No need to show any more.

My 2cents

I don't think it is that deep. I am sure they have umpteen wrinkles in that offense that we haven't seen yet. If something was needed, they would have used it. 

Each gameplan is tailored for a specific opponent, after all.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw a fumble on what would've like been a walk in TD and two misfires to open receivers in the end zone. We left 3 TDs on the field. No one would be complaint about scoring 40 and that's what we should've done.

They left TD's on the field against us too. Perfect football is about as rare as a black hole popping up in your living room.

I don't think any of us should be overly concerned about the overall offensive output yet. If we are still seeing the same struggles in a few weeks, we have a trend to be concerned about. Same with the red zone struggles. It's a little early to attach that to last season's struggles.....yet.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

They left TD's on the field against us too. Perfect football is about as rare as a black hole popping up in your living room.

I don't think any of us should be overly concerned about the overall offensive output yet. If we are still seeing the same struggles in a few weeks, we have a trend to be concerned about. Same with the red zone struggles. It's a little early to attach that to last season's struggles.....yet.

I don't think "they" did. I think Elijah Moore did. That guy had bricks for hands yesterday.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw a fumble on what would've likely been a walk in TD and two misfires to open receivers in the end zone. We left 3 TDs on the field. No one would be complaining about scoring 40 and that's what we should've done.

Some of that is just continuity and building chemistry which is why there was so much talk about fewer preseason reps. But we must trust our younger depth players and keep giving them opportunities if we want to do better than third in the division again. Mix things up and keep defenses honest. It should not take a career day from your rb1 to defeat the Jets by 5 when you have the WR room we are working with.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Some of that is just continuity and building chemistry which is why there was so much talk about fewer preseason reps. But we must trust our younger depth players and keep giving them opportunities if we want to do better than third in the division again. Mix things up and keep defenses honest. It should not take a career day from your rb1 to defeat the Jets by 5 when you have the WR room we are working with.

I definitely agree that the over-reliance on CMC is a concern. Honestly, it's by far my #1 concern from yesterday's game. I'll give Darnold some time to settle into a new offense with new teammates before I hammer him too hard for those types of misses. Yeah, they were misses and it would've come back to bite us against a better team but fortunately we had a warm up game in week one against possibly the worst team in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The score doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I do see individual performance issues that need to be addressed, however.

Keep in mind it's largely a game of matchups.  Some teams just match up better against others (perhaps only in key areas), while still not being the superior team overall.

As you may recall, during the mid-2010s, we seemed to have New England's number--as we beat them several times over the course of that period.  Were we a better team during that time than New England?  Absolutely not.

Edited by Tommy Jone
  • Beer 1

After a day I'm going to just chuck this up to limited preseason. Not that some of this stuff doesn't concern me but honestly I didn't really think we would win more than 8 games. This game doesn't change my thoughts. Our team and coaching staff is way too young right now. Coupled with a bad offensive line. We are getting there but are not there yet 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Shame: Punting from the Jets 33. 

I really didnt have an issue with it. Up to that point the Jets had run 9 plays and including penalties had a net of negative 16 yards and hadnt even made it to their 40 yard line. Why risk an unknown kicker missing and giving the Jets field position they otherwise wouldnt get on their own? When we played the Chiefs last year we saw Rhule pull out every imaginable risk with fake punts and 4th down attempts because he knew we would need to score at least 30 points to win. Yesterday he probably knew 17 should have been enough. We complained that Rivera had no situational awareness and would have the same gameplan and approach for every team we played yet were getting pissed at Rhule for actually understanding the situation?

• Pie 2