• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Morning After - Jets at Panthers

Zod

Just now, TheCasillas said:

That's pretty extreme.... The Jets scored a TD on busted coverage and then got the 4th adn 15 conversion because we brought the house. Outside of those two plays... there really wasnt much from the Jets in the second half. We controlled the ball in the fourth quarter and the game was in hand pretty the entire way.

The Jets offense was going to get some points, that's not the problem.  It's hard to pitch a shutout in the NFL.  My problem was with our second half offense, particularly the play calling, lack of of adjustments and failure to realize adjustments would need to be made.

What's sad is if you want to see a team that previously finished with 5 wins the year before soundly defeat an opponent you need look no further than the Bridgewater led Denver Broncos. And they spread the ball around against an inferior opponent. If there are Panthers fans who really don't think our playcalling could use some fine tuning their delusions will hit a wall at some point this season.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

The Jets offense was going to get some points, that's not the problem.  It's hard to pitch a shutout in the NFL.  My problem was with our second half offense, particularly the play calling, lack of of adjustments and failure to realize adjustments would need to be made.

yeah it was slower than I wanted as well.... but the 4th quarter I wouldnt say were being beat "soundly" - that's all I am getting at.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

What's sad is if you want to see a team that previously finished with 5 wins the year before soundly defeat an opponent you need look no further than the Bridgewater led Denver Broncos. And they spread the ball around against an inferior opponent. If there are Panthers fans who really don't think our playcalling could use some fine tuning their delusions will hit a wall at some point this season.

Thats a Joe Judge and David Gettleman led team. That's a much easier match up than the Jets. Judge is a horrendous head coach. At least the Jets have an elite D coordinator as their head couch.... what was Judge? A special teams coach?

That team threw in the towel mid way through the 3rd quarter, when Judge threw a red flag to try to challenge a scoring play... and giving up a costly TO due to coaching infraction. What an idiot.

Edited by TheCasillas

I thought Darnold was bad despite the stats. He looks every bit as a game manager QB who has the yips and will completely miss open receivers because hes too nervous, but the trade off from Teddy is he can throw the ball down the field. Not sold and I'm not sure it was worth the trade/shakeup yet. I'm sorry but as an NFL QB you can't miss easy 5 yard throws to wide open receivers. We should easily have had 30+ points. And what's worse is that the coaching staff knew it and had to babify their gameplan for him.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

I really didnt have an issue with it. Up to that point the Jets had run 9 plays and including penalties had a net of negative 16 yards and hadnt even made it to their 40 yard line. Why risk an unknown kicker missing and giving the Jets field position they otherwise wouldnt get on their own? When we played the Chiefs last year we saw Rhule pull out every imaginable risk with fake punts and 4th down attempts because he knew we would need to score at least 30 points to win. Yesterday he probably knew 17 should have been enough. We complained that Rivera had no situational awareness and would have the same gameplan and approach for every team we played yet were getting pissed at Rhule for actually understanding the situation?

It was a stupid play. It shows you have no faith in your kicker. Also the Jets would have taken over at the 33 which is a decent punt if you are deep in your side of the field. 
There was no reason not to try to kick a field goal. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think it was more of "lets not put anything more than we need to on film"   The game was pretty much in hand or at least it felt like it was.  No need to show any more.

My 2cents

People just don’t get this. The Browns put a lot out there yesterday and it will prob cost them later.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, dave-o said:

No matter our coach or the amount of points we are up..... The Panthers sure like to make sure the score is tight at the end of the game....

I agree the defer bar could've played a little tighter towards the end but unlike the previous regime, we held tight enough to win. I would've like to have seen us go man with a contain when Jets starting play action.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah it was slower than I wanted as well.... but the 4th quarter I wouldnt say were being beat "soundly" - that's all I am getting at.

Second half drives:

Drive 1- (-1) yard--punt

Drive 2- 22 yards--punt

Drive 3- (-2) yards--punt

Drive 4- 57 yards--FG

Drive 5- 11 yards--punt

Drive 6- 24 yards--kneel down as time expires

That's how to close out an opponent there.  I mean we had nearly as many yards in the one FG drive as the rest put together.  But hey, as long as we put one solid half in against the Saints next week, we should be good, right?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Thats a Joe Judge and David Gettleman led team. That's a much easier match up than the Jets. Judge is a horrendous head coach. At least the Jets have an elite D coordinator as their head couch.... what was Judge? A special teams coach?

That team threw in the towel mid way through the 3rd quarter, when Judge threw a red flag to try to challenge a scoring play... and giving up a costly TO due to coaching infraction. What an idiot.

True but they defeated the opponent in front of them and kept their foot on the gas. You could be right but we'll see how the Jets do in the following weeks. At the end of the day if you want your team to get to the next level you defeat the bad teams soundly and don't let them hang around like we did on our own field.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I thought Darnold was bad despite the stats. He looks every bit as a game manager QB who has the yips and will completely miss open receivers because hes too nervous, but the trade off from Teddy is he can throw the ball down the field. Not sold and I'm not sure it was worth the trade/shakeup yet. I'm sorry but as an NFL QB you can't miss easy 5 yard throws to wide open receivers. We should easily have had 30+ points. And what's worse is that the coaching staff knew it and had to babify their gameplan for him.

Dude we must not have been watching the same game yesterday.  Sam was just fine.  NO QB is going to be perfect on every single throw.  Did you not watch the Chiefs/Browns game?  They've got 2 of the best QBs in the league and both of them also miss easy throws.  Hell, Brady does too.  Did you see how bad Aaron Rodgers looked yesterday?  Moral of the story is that no QB is perfect.  Sam Darnold had a fine game yesterday.  Hell, he threw for 250 yards in the first freaking half.  2nd half offensive struggles were squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staffs failure to adapt to the Jets halftime changes.  Simple as. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

People just don’t get this. The Browns put a lot out there yesterday and it will prob cost them later.

They were playing the Chiefs. You better pull out everything you've got.

(and hope your punter can catch a snap...)

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1