• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Morning After - Jets at Panthers

Zod

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw a fumble on what would've likely been a walk in TD and two misfires to open receivers in the end zone. We left 3 TDs on the field. No one would be complaining about scoring 40 and that's what we should've done.

Could’ve, Would’ve, should’ve doesn’t matter we played like crap against probably worst team in league.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just saying you can't put those on your OC.

For sure there were execution issues but you have to let those young players take their lumps so they can build on it and if they can't next man up. Even 22 had issues in his rookie year you'll never know what their potential is if you're scared to give them snaps bc of a mistake especially in the second half of a game you were previously in control of.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

For sure there were execution issues but you have to let those young players take their lumps so they can build on it and if they can't next man up. Even 22 had issues in his rookie year you'll never know what their potential is if you're scared to give them snaps bc of a mistake especially in the second half of a game you were previously in control of.

What rookies? The fumble was on Darnold. The two missed throws were on Darnold.

I’m trying to figure out how Charlton was not in walk of shame, I mean he was so terrible. I mean I know our line would be there every week but I think he should have been at the top. Shanked punts and just couldn’t pin them back. That’s why I was more upset we didn’t go for it on the 33, after his god awful punt. Also add Ian Thomas I mean every catch is a bobble or a drop, can’t believe we didn’t just cut and save 2 mil. Damn

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What rookies? The fumble was on Darnold. The two missed throws were on Darnold.

I thought we were treating Sam like a rookie? Isn't that what the coaches kept saying? I think he will only get better with more chemistry. He could have played better and we could have put up a ton of points, fortunately we were playing a shitty team. 

I'm not familiar enough with Brady yet to make that call.

CMC is going to feast.  The concerns of his usage are exaggerated.  Every RB in the league is the check down option on most plays.  Its just more effective when we do it.  CMC also knows how to limit contact.  Hes going to take an average to slightly above average amount of contact at his position.  For a superstar that needs all the touches he can stand, this is great for us.   

Sam Darnold played safe.  He made the 1st steps to trusting his playmakers.  He stood in there and took a couple good pops, unlike in the past tho, his receivers caught those passes giving him the confidence to do it again.  If he can get comfortable knowing his guys are gonna go get it, I think the kid is gonna let loose a fury on some defenses sooner than later.

There will be some frustrating moments this year, but the star is growing brighter around this team.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

Sam Darnold played safe.  

Has/had to...you see our OL grade? 
 Better yet you put the replay on to see how bad it was with the exception of the Ts who played alright. This team always come sin opposites. When we had a good interior we had no Ts now we have Ts who can block and have no interior.

Its only to his betterment that he gets the ball out quick and yet he still took some hits even when releasing it about as fast as you could.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Has/had to...you see our OL grade? 
 Better yet you put the replay on to see how bad it was with the exception of the Ts who played alright. This team always come sin opposites. When we had a good interior we had no Ts now we have Ts who can block and have no interior.

Its only to his betterment that he gets the ball out quick and yet he still took some hits even when releasing it about as fast as you could.

That wasn't supposed to be a slight.  Its what we all wanted him to do. Its what he was asked to do.  He did it.