• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas vs Tommy Tremble

Zod

Arnold can't block at all and Thomas is a subpar blocker. Honestly, I thought Thomas looked better as a receiver than Arnold yesterday. Arnold basically looked like a slower Funchess. Big dude that plays small. He played more like a big, slow WR than a TE. Now I see why Thomas was kept on. But yeah, hoping to see more of Tremble soon.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I thought Thomas looked better as a receiver than Arnold yesterday. Arnold basically looked like a slower Funchess. Big dude that plays small. He played more like a big, slow WR than a TE.

Speaking of Arnold..

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article253280488.html

"I asked him to describe his style of play."

“I’m always going to be hustling,” Arnold said. “I’m always going to be trying to do everything I can to scratch and claw and to make plays, because I started out as a D-3 guy with a tryout, and then I got sent home.”

I'm really hoping some of these guys assert themselves more and show us who they really are against the Saints at home. It's only week 2 but I think this will truly show us what we have in this young roster so far.

I don't get all the Ian Thomas hate... he's not great, but he deserves a roster spot.

He was a mixed bag yesterday, but certainly no worse than any of our other (practically non-existent) TE's...

For all his flaws, he made an excellent block for CMC that helped us to to ice the game.

I don't know that he will be back next year, but cutting him now isn't going to do the first thing to help up win games.

• Pie 1

As a strong believer in Thomas when we drafted him, I still don't understand why we retained him and why more of a concerted effort wasn't made to address TE in the offseason.  Whether we play Tremble or not, Thomas isn't a very good pro.  Period.  He has all of the tools, but he just isn't good.  But, being that he's here, I hope he had a better season, I'm just not holding my breath.  And I really paid attention to his blocking last season and couldn't believe how bad he was for his size.

Also, found it interesting that we kept so many TEs (4-5 depending on how you count it) and they literally had like 3 catches for 27 yards yesterday.  So much for a security blanket.

9 hours ago, Darknight said:

Ian had a nice block on the run CMC had to ice the game. Go back and look.

Ian's not the terrible blocker they're trying to make him out to be. Everybody whiffs on a block. I love like to see Tremble get some playing time he looked great in the preseason. Jury is still out on Arnold I was hoping he would be a minor version of Greg Olsen. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Ian's not the terrible blocker they're trying to make him out to be. Everybody whiffs on a block. I love like to see Tremble get some playing time he looked great in the preseason. Jury is still out on Arnold I was hoping he would be a minor version of Greg Olsen. 

I should have known Arnold was trash by the way his agent was selling him during the negotiating process. 

if someone has to sell you that hard then maybe you ain’t that good.

4 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Arnold looked more like Jeff King than Olsen on Sunday.

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

It is the reason why we drafted Tremble. I think we were trying to disguise the play based on the personnel. Tremble pretty much tips our hat that it will be a run play. I saw this a couple times yesterday. I also saw that we would sub 3-4 players every single play. 

Tremble has good hands.  We can fix that assumption by getting him a couple of passes thrown his way.  That will take the run only theory. 

Plus no one is ever going to confuse Thomas with the real 88. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008