• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas vs Tommy Tremble

Zod

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

As a strong believer in Thomas when we drafted him, I still don't understand why we retained him and why more of a concerted effort wasn't made to address TE in the offseason.  Whether we play Tremble or not, Thomas isn't a very good pro.  Period.  He has all of the tools, but he just isn't good.  But, being that he's here, I hope he had a better season, I'm just not holding my breath.  And I really paid attention to his blocking last season and couldn't believe how bad he was for his size.

Also, found it interesting that we kept so many TEs (4-5 depending on how you count it) and they literally had like 3 catches for 27 yards yesterday.  So much for a security blanket.

I don't have much issue with our approach at TE this off-season. We signed a mid-level FA and we drafted a 3rd round prospect. One was viewed as primarily a receiver and the other primarily a blocker. That's a decent investment in the position on one off-season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

On 9/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, TheRumGone said:

And Arnold is worse at blocking than Ian. If tremble can become a pass catching tight end with his blocking ability we’ll have a lot of options. He’s just a rookie though who had hands issues in college. We’ll see. We need a guy who can do both to not tip what we’re doing to the defense. 

From what I’ve seen of Tremble, he looks like a solid receiver. And he will certainly improve. Play that man!

11 hours ago, Darknight said:

I should have known Arnold was trash by the way his agent was selling him during the negotiating process. 

if someone has to sell you that hard then maybe you ain’t that good.

Dang I didn't know you were at his negotiations. What else can you tell us?